Your Favorite Stuffed Eggs

ElizabethB

Guru
Recipe Challenge Judge
Local time
5:53 AM
I plan to make a couple of dozen to bring to Sister's house for Christmas. I love to play with the stuffing and would appreciate your ideas.
The wilder the better. One really good thing about my family - they love food and are always willing to try something new.

I am thinking about doing something with fish roe. Caviar is out of my $$$ range. Maybe something with wild mushrooms. Would love but can not afford Truffles.

I have to thank you all. My family has always enjoyed my cooking. Since Joining Cooking Bites my skills and adventurous spirit have improved and expanded. My SIBS, in-laws, nieces and their spouses clamor for my recipes. I am most pleased when my Niece's husband compliments my dishes and asks for recipes. For many years he worked as a line chef at Brennan's in Houston. He participated in and won numerous local cooking competitions. My culinary skills have improved greatly thanks to all of you.

So stuffed egg recipes please.

I thought this had been covered a while ago, but mine are pretty popular, here's how I do mine, boil eggs, peel and cut in half longways. Dig out yoke, mash it with butter, Mayo, ( I use home made) and some store bought curry powder. The Mayo gives a nice moist filling. I pipe it back in the white with piping bag and a star nozzle. Then I hold a piece of card over half the egg and drop turmeric over half, then reverse and sprinkle parsley over that. Nice eggs. Mine don't last long.

Russ

I sometimes do mine with finely chopped salami and olives mixed in, with the basic deviled egg recipe for the yolk. Not fancy, but a little different.

I like adding back the cooked yolks along with curry powder, mustard, mayo (NEVER ketchup) and either chopped dill pickles or capers.

I have made some stuffed with bacon in addition to the above.

Once, I stuffed them with mashed sweet potato and whatever seasonings seemed both at hand and appropriate.

Another time, avocado, dill, a bit of lemon juice (to keep the avo green), and a hint of mayo. Mustard and curry didn't seem to go with this, but a hint of ancho chili powder worked.

2 varieties that everyone likes:
Add chopped chipotle and some mayo, top with a sprig of cilantro.
Add mayo, dijon mustard, small capers, top with healthy sprinkle of smoked paprika.

Happy New Year All
I made 3 versions of stuffed eggs
1 sweet gherkins very finely minced, fresh dill, mayonnaise, dijon, sea salt, fresh ground pepper topped with s few dill leaves
2 capers, microplane fresh ginger, mayonnaise, dijon, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Topped with a caper
3 finely minced dill pickle, fresh dill, mayonnaise, course mustard, sea salt, fresh ground pepper topped with smoked paprika.
Family loved all of them.

I did a horseradish stuffing last year. I took them to a party. They were a huge hit. Several guys asked me for the recipe. I didn't have one, just used fresh horseradish, eggs, ect....

Back
Top Bottom