Your most hated part of cooking

Next time that I buy a food processor, it'll feature a small work bowl with it, so that I won't have to go through that again!!:headshake::mad:
I have a Proctor-Silex mini-chopper. I got it from my mom when they moved, and all the writing is rubbed off and everything, so it's probably 15 years old if it's a day. Still works great, and I use it all the time.

Looked online, and they still make them, and you can get them for under $20. If I'd had known how handy this would be, I'd have bought one years ago.

I have a Proctor-Silex mini-chopper. I got it from my mom when they moved, and all the writing is rubbed off and everything, so it's probably 15 years old if it's a day. Still works great, and I use it all the time.

Looked online, and they still make them, and you can get them for under $20. If I'd had known how handy this would be, I'd have bought one years ago.

I have a mini-chopper but very rarely use it. Its seems just as easy to chop by hand to me if its a small amount. What do you use it for? Really, the only time I use mine is to make breadcrumbs (fresh or dried).

I have a mini-chopper but very rarely use it. Its seems just as easy to chop by hand to me if its a small amount. What do you use it for? Really, the only time I use mine is to make breadcrumbs (fresh or dried).
I use my food processor to puree mostly, like making hummus, pesto, or turning tomatoes into tomato sauce, that kind of thing.

I've got a mini and a full size one. I got the mini for $6 on a black Friday deal and the full size one for $5 at a yard sale.

Last edited:
I had an Oster attachment for the blender. Wonderful - don´t know whether they still exist, but they´d zap anything, as long as it was a fairly small amount.

Yeah, I don't have or use a mini chopper or processor. I do use a motar and pestle quite a bit though at home. At work not as much but do for a couple of things. One's are pesto's, chimichurri, gremolata because it makes a difference in the texture and overall look and mouthfeel.

Last edited:
I was doing a Google search and found this one:

Really, the only time I use mine is to make breadcrumbs (fresh or dried).
That's probably the #1 thing I use it for, though I also will use it for onions and some other veg, like shredded carrots, or to quickly shred/chop cheese. It's one of those things where, if I only have one thing to use it for, I might just stick to the knife, but if I have two or more things, there's a good chance it's coming out.

Cooking for two, I rarely have to use an entire onion at once, and I've gotten in the habit of quartering or sixth-ing a whole onion the first time I need one, then storing the chunks in the fridge. I'll use the knife to chop that first chunk, since it's already out, but the next time...I'll just grab a chunk and toss it into the little FB and it's done in less than five seconds.

I've also used it for a quick salsa and for a small amount of pesto, things like that. Believe me, I have no aversion to knives, have been complimented on my knife skills by more than one professional, and do take a little pride in that, because it's something I've consciously worked on, but that little chopper is quite handy.

I use my food processor to puree mostly, like making hummus, pesto, or turning tomatoes into tomato sauce, that kind of thing.

I've got a mini and a full size one. I got the mini for $6 on a black Friday deal and the full size one for $5 at a yard sale.

I had an Oster attachment for the blender. Wonderful - don´t know whether they still exist, but they´d zap anything, as long as it was a fairly small amount.

I use a stick blender for that sort of thing.

I use a stick blender for that sort of thing.
I used my stick blender this morning to puree the pineapple for my pineapple pancakes. It doesn't work quite as well as my chopper/food processor. It missed a few chunks.

Back
Top Bottom