Your other hobbies.

I've still not got the hang of adverts for thongs here in Australia. In public, on the high street, in the shopping centres and so on...

There is a bar/restaurant on Lake Lewisville here that has a parking lot for cars in the front, and boat slips in the rear. We used to go there in my boat and get some dinner near the end of a day of boating. People often wore bathings suits in there, since they came off of boats.

One time there was a 30-something couple at the outside bar, both of them wearing thong bathing suits -- both the woman and the man. We all needed some brain bleach after seeing the man in a thong. :eek:

Over here, you RARELY see a grown man wearing a Speedo, and I've only seen one man in a thong -- and that was one too many.

CD

Over here, you RARELY see a grown man wearing a Speedo, and I've only seen one man in a thong -- and that was one too many.

CD
WRONG! Try coming to a Fort Lauderdale beach in snowbird season. There's a certain Canadian province that is famous for its men wearing speedos and thongs.

WRONG! Try coming to a Fort Lauderdale beach in snowbird season. There's a certain Canadian province that is famous for its men wearing speedos and thongs.
You beat me to it! MrsT grew up just south of Montreal, just over the border, and the French-Canadians used to come down in droves on summer weekends and holidays, to, quite literally, hang out at the beach.

That, of course, carried over to the restaurants, department stores, etc. When we first met, she was still waitressing/bartending after her university time, and I’d sometimes go in, sit at the bar, and wait for her to finish her shift. She’d swing by and say, “Watch that guy over there when he gets up to leave,” and sure enough, he’d scooch his chair back to get up, and there’d be one of his nuggets hanging out…or the top of his special friend sticking up out of the waistband. :laugh:

I forgot about how much Floridians love Canadian snowbirds. :laugh: I guess if Rocklobster goes to Florida on vacation, he should leave his Speedo at home. :eek:

CD

Just a brief reminder that this thread has strayed off-topic. I suppose we could start an underpants/swimwear thread....

My best friend has recently announced that she’s pregnant with baby #2, so once I get my cast off, I’ll be knitting a teddy bear for the kid.

Right now, I’m working one-handed on a video game themed cross-stitch for my friend for his birthday. I won’t be able to post a pic once it’s done though- it’s a very sweary one. You’ll have to use your imagination as to what it says!

A nice plain cotton/wool/nettle mixture for the purple (colourway is aubergine) socks and a test knit that will be a present for my sister. Nettles are used instead of nylon to be more environmentally friendly.

20230914_133040.jpg
20230913_171414.jpg

It was the first time I've done surface embroidery or surface crochet. Hopefully sock 2 will look at least similar.

Back
Top Bottom