Your other hobbies.

I was gifted an in my opinion rather dull colored owl, so I fixed it
20230619_172452.jpg

20230620_193500.jpg

I don’t like them, but I’ll eat them if I have to.
Do you mean you'll eat them to be polite? I guess I will never put mushrooms as a challenge ingredient if I am judging, or fish (unless it's cod).

Sorry for the off-topic!

I used to paint and make jewelry when I was younger. I don't do that anymore. Looking at all the pretty and interesting things is inspiring. Maybe this winter I will try my hand at something creative!

Made some cushion covers for my sons new flat from the fabric one of them chose and a tablecloth and napkins from some fabric one of them liked but there wasn’t enough left to do anything with.

So I went online and found somewhere that had 2.5 metres left, just enough for a tablecloth and napkins. They don’t know about that part so hopefully this rather wild looking tablecloth will be a nice surprise.

View attachment 101512
Looks a little baggy on the bottom just because I hadn’t zipped it up!

View attachment 101516

View attachment 101513

View attachment 101514
Cutlery added for scale.

I love the mushroom motif. It reminds me of the 1970s. 😎 That, and it is a fun look.

CD

Made some cushion covers for my sons new flat from the fabric one of them chose and a tablecloth and napkins from some fabric one of them liked but there wasn’t enough left to do anything with.

So I went online and found somewhere that had 2.5 metres left, just enough for a tablecloth and napkins. They don’t know about that part so hopefully this rather wild looking tablecloth will be a nice surprise.

View attachment 101512
Looks a little baggy on the bottom just because I hadn’t zipped it up!

View attachment 101516

View attachment 101513

View attachment 101514
Cutlery added for scale.

Wow! Students who use tablecloths? You obviously brought them up well...

Seriously though, you have some eye catching fabrics there, used inventively

Wow! Students who use tablecloths? You obviously brought them up well...

Seriously though, you have some eye catching fabrics there, used inventively
The flat has a wooden dining table in it that the youngest fell in love with so I bought it from the owner. Just a hunch but as soon as any red or orange food (curry, spagbol etc) has been made I can guarantee a hideous plastic tablecloth will be put on and then promptly hidden by a fabric one.

One of them is very into cooking and likes nice home wares 👍 I’ve been shown about 10 different types of tea and coffee caddies 😂 and he’s already bought a set of espresso cup n saucers, Pyrex containers for meal prep, a decent set of kitchen scales and a set of kitchen knives - to keep his brother away from his good knives 😆

If you sign up to this lady's newsletter, these socks are free.

Simply Curious Socks pattern by Helen Stewart

The pattern is a vanilla sock pattern that is written line by line row by row. Don't print it all out, you'll only need 1 of the 3 sizes. The sizes are circumference or width, not length. You just knit to length as needed. Yell if you need help. They are the best instructions I know for a beginner sock maker.
Thanks so much for this! I’ll dig up my double-pointed needles and give it a try.

Sure hope you are grinnin' while yer pickin'.
Being a drummer, I can't get away with that at 8:30 on a Saturday morning..lol..although sometimes I try for a few minutes..

Friday evening walk along the lake shore of Lake Burley-Griffin. The wind was bitterly cold reminding us both that there is no such bad thing had bad weather, just the wrong clothing for the job.

20230630_170826.jpg

The blue band on the horizon is the Earth's Shadow caused by the lots of dust in the atmosphere (you have to protect a shadow on to something in order for it to be seen. )

20230630_172356.jpg

We also often get this effect as well, where there is a very distinct line between the sunset colour and the blue background rather than a gradual fade.

Plus the current test sock (test socks are where you knit a designers pattern before it is released, trying to find errors or problems etc)

20230701_200148.jpg

The front

20230701_200207.jpg

And the back.

I'm probably going to make it longer before I start the heel. It's only 40 rows excluding the cuff at the moment and I prefer socks to be longer than that.

Back
Top Bottom