Your Photos

The sky a couple of days ago

Today's grocery shop:

On the spur of the moment, we went to Jungle Jim's International Market, because the wife was out of PG tips decaf tea, and they're the only place that carries it, so I decided to do my normal shopping there as well.

What fun! First, since it's a nice, cool autumn day, we drove all backroads, nearly doubling the usual 40-minute drive, but it was worth it. We liked that so much, we did the same thing on the way back, eschewing the interstate altogether. So much 🌾!

The store itself, though, is massive, and it's like a maze, so it can be a challenge to shop there, unless you know what you're doing.
Unusually, we didn't buy any "International" stuff, really, apart from the tea, though we usually go nutso on the Walker's crisps and Cadbury's chocolates, and Maynard's wine gums. One item of special note - the Bonne Maman advent calendar! 24 different little fruit spreads, in wee glass jars!

Today's grocery shop:

On the spur of the moment, we went to Jungle Jim's International Market, because the wife was out of PG tips decaf tea, and they're the only place that carries it, so I decided to do my normal shopping there as well.

What fun! First, since it's a nice, cool autumn day, we drove all backroads, nearly doubling the usual 40-minute drive, but it was worth it. We liked that so much, we did the same thing on the way back, eschewing the interstate altogether. So much 🌾!

The store itself, though, is massive, and it's like a maze, so it can be a challenge to shop there, unless you know what you're doing.
Unusually, we didn't buy any "International" stuff, really, apart from the tea, though we usually go nutso on the Walker's crisps and Cadbury's chocolates, and Maynard's wine gums. One item of special note - the Bonne Maman advent calendar! 24 different little fruit spreads, in wee glass jars!

Cool stuff. We did our shop yesterday as well. We shop on a Saturday for the week, mainly because we have family day here on Sunday's.

Russ

I love clouds and skies. I have a whole library of cloud and sky photos I have taken to use to replace boring clouds in my commercial/editorial photography. Hundreds of cloud/sky photos.

Here is one of my favorites, shot in front of my house. Very spooky.

FunkyClouds-2.jpg

Here is a sky I photoshopped into a photo for a Magazine cover to replace a boring, overcast sky. The car and building are racing history -- the grey, overcast sky just didn't cut it.

Chaparral 2E.jpg

CD

I love clouds and skies. I have a whole library of cloud and sky photos I have taken to use to replace boring clouds in my commercial/editorial photography. Hundreds of cloud/sky photos.

View attachment 33409

Here is a sky I photoshopped into a photo for a Magazine cover to replace a boring, overcast sky. The car and building are racing history -- the grey, overcast sky just didn't cut it.

View attachment 33410

CD

Stunning sky and yes, spooky, but so fascinating as well. I prefer the first one too

View attachment 33409

View attachment 33410

CD

Wowee :thumbsup:
Clouds really are amazing things, amazing shapes.

Ahh you also buy the gourmet kind potatoes. So do I. I rather pay a bit more for quality potatoes, it makes such a difference in flavor.
I buy a variety of potatoes, based on what I'm cooking - those little ones are destined to be boiled and used as dippers in a bacon-Gruyère dip I'm making later this week.
I agree on cheap potatoes, though. For bagged russet potatoes, Kroger sells only their own brand, and without exception, if I buy those, I have to plan on throwing a third of them away because they're unusable. Same with their onions.

However, if I go to a different shop with better brands, I don't have that problem at all.

Back
Top Bottom