Your Photos

0E8DE1EC-542D-4F05-B54D-F67B66A5AD83.jpeg
FE3C4AD4-0CF2-416E-AA44-CB0EB7CB9111.jpeg

Death Valley Ca sunsets

View attachment 33783
We ordered dinner at the Saloon Number 10.
Server asked if we wanted the works on our baked potatoes. We said yes. She picked up the sour cream and butter tray.
She then said “heres the works” as her top fell down revealing her double blessings.
Another server helped her saddle back up.

I hope “revealing” used in this context is not too blue and permitted in Cooking Bites.

Lucky bugger !!

Russ

C1B29991-95E1-4F0C-94C9-AE02CAFA2B01.jpeg

Wife can kill me with a silent look.

We renewed our wedding vows this past April.
Dress is off the clearance rack from Burlington’s $35 US.
We later met a couple from Down Under in ‘Vegas to get married, their first. Dress rentals start at $500 which wasn’t in their budget so my wife gave them the dress to keep. Fit the Auzzie bride perfectly. Better than a rental.
I gave the groom my mechanics shirt that goes well with his borrowed tux. Two of the most excellent people we’ve ever encountered.
True story.

View attachment 33800
Wife can kill me with a silent look.

We renewed our wedding vows this past April.
Dress is off the clearance rack from Burlington’s $35 US.
We later met a couple from Down Under in ‘Vegas to get married, their first. Dress rentals start at $500 which wasn’t in their budget so my wife gave them the dress to keep. Fit the Auzzie bride perfectly. Better than a rental.
I gave the groom my mechanics shirt that goes well with his borrowed tux. Two of the most excellent people we’ve ever encountered.
True story.

I'm told Aussies and kiwis are the most friendly people in the world. I wouldn't disagree!!

Russ

rascal

The landscape going brown. This was green at the weekend, but a few days of close to 30°C and yesterday hitting it has meant life is now going brown for the season.

View attachment 33807

Come the weekend, unless we get rain, it will be totally brown until Autumn now. Those trees excepted.

And it's raining again, would love to trade places!!

Russ

And it's raining again, would love to trade places!!

Russ
Feel free. Its 10:30am here, 26°C outside and roughly an hour ago I came in from the veranda because it was too warm outside. I'm now sitting in bed* with the lights on, windows shut (in the entire house), thermally shielded blinds down (also entire house) hoping to keep the house below 24°C by the end of the day.

*I had an IV infusion yesterday that I have to have yearly because of my steroid use for my Addison's disease treatment. It's known for making you really ill. Last year it left me bedbound for 2 days literally unable to get out of bed without help. So I made sure nothing needed doing these next 2 days. Thankfully this time around it's symptoms are nothing worse the feeling like I've a bad case of flu.

Feel free. Its 10:30am here, 26°C outside and roughly an hour ago I came in from the veranda because it was too warm outside. I'm now sitting in bed* with the lights on, windows shut (in the entire house), thermally shielded blinds down (also entire house) hoping to keep the house below 24°C by the end of the day.

*I had an IV infusion yesterday that I have to have yearly because of my steroid use for my Addison's disease treatment. It's known for making you really ill. Last year it left me bedbound for 2 days literally unable to get out of bed without help. So I made sure nothing needed doing these next 2 days. Thankfully this time around it's symptoms are nothing worse the feeling like I've a bad case of flu.

Have a glass or two of wine. That'll make you feel better. :)

Russ

Have a glass or two of wine. That'll make you feel better. :)

Russ
Mixes oh so well with morphine!
We do actually have 6 bottles of red. 5 of them are our closest vineyard and they are a very good quality bottle (plus not cheap at AUD $40 minimum per bottle). Hubby as buying Christmas presents for family back in August. I said 8 bottles not knowing the restrictions on what we could and couldn't take in to the UK from outside of Europe. He came home with 13 because if you bought 12, you got a free bottle (and he his that in the house thinking I wouldn't find it. Took me less than 2 days to stumble across it! ) then we found out we were restricted to 2½L each which is a pain with the size of a bottle. We risked 4 bottles each, deciding given we had no beer and no spirits, we'd get away with it. In the end it wasn't an issue because by the time they had found our bags after screwing up our flights we walked through a totally deserted red lane unable to declare anything anyway!

Mixes oh so well with morphine!
We do actually have 6 bottles of red. 5 of them are our closest vineyard and they are a very good quality bottle (plus not cheap at AUD $40 minimum per bottle). Hubby as buying Christmas presents for family back in August. I said 8 bottles not knowing the restrictions on what we could and couldn't take in to the UK from outside of Europe. He came home with 13 because if you bought 12, you got a free bottle (and he his that in the house thinking I wouldn't find it. Took me less than 2 days to stumble across it! ) then we found out we were restricted to 2½L each which is a pain with the size of a bottle. We risked 4 bottles each, deciding given we had no beer and no spirits, we'd get away with it. In the end it wasn't an issue because by the time they had found our bags after screwing up our flights we walked through a totally deserted red lane unable to declare anything anyway!

Last time leaving Brisbane Gordon's gin was slightly dearer there than I can buy at home. I don't buy duty free any more.

Russ

Last time leaving Brisbane Gordon's gin was slightly dearer there than I can buy at home. I don't buy duty free any more.

Russ
This wasn't duty free. We'd already paid duty in Australia. Our local vineyard and many of those around us are not available in the UK and it made for a much more special Christmas present, only the children usually get presents from us because if the coast of posting parcels. We were simply over the limit for the free allowance to take into the UK (from outside of Europe) so needed to declare it. Nothing to do with buying at airports. This was bought at the vineyard.

Edit: I did but whiskey in the UK but that was simply because we can't get the same variety here. Its the standard stuff only in the bottle shops.

I went to a fantasy event with friends, and got myself a matching bracelet for my wedding ring . We got married last november, so it seems fitting to wear this on the 13th 😄

And vegetarian haggis is really good, learned to love it (and the real version) living in the UK! 😍

Back
Top Bottom