Your Photos

Remember the truck picture you drew with crayons in kindergarten? It exists:

FB495E23-BC88-4096-B29C-F6964AD3C38E.jpeg

I was woken this morning to the amazing perfume of Jasmine throughout the entire house. Yesterday was a hot day, so the entire house was locked up tighter than Fort Knox. Every door, every window, every blind and every curtain was shut drop an hour after dawn until sunset. Then everything gets opened up to let cool air in. It's the only way to stay cool during the day when it's +30°C outside. So this morning, artery a night of sleeping with all the windows and doors open (on flyscreens) the night had been totally still and so was dawn. In fact it is still totally still (but +28°C already and it's not yet 10am). Waking to such perfume is amazing. I do so love Jasmine (sadly my asthma and hayfever don't but they are being ignored! )

Sunrise yesterday morning.

I do enjoy hubby being away sometimes because it means I can stop and enjoy moments like this whereas when he is home, he'd open the chooks up in the morning (the automatic door has malfunctioned) and wouldn't even notice the beautiful morning.

I was, truth be told, searching for woodpeckers. We saw one on Saturday, hammering away at an old, dead tree. The bird was very prominent, but there was no camera to hand.

No such luck, of course. Quite a lot of corvids, but no woodpecker. There were also lots of grey squirrels. Now, these aren't one of my favourite things, since they push out the native red squirrels, but I did manage a decent shot or two.

I was, truth be told, searching for woodpeckers. We saw one on Saturday, hammering away at an old, dead tree. The bird was very prominent, but there was no camera to hand.

No such luck, of course. Quite a lot of corvids, but no woodpecker. There were also lots of grey squirrels. Now, these aren't one of my favourite things, since they push out the native red squirrels, but I did manage a decent shot or two.

View attachment 34063

We don't have squirrels here, I have encountered them in Vancouver, cute wee fellas. I watched for hours.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom