Your Photos

👍 very kind!
I mean it. Apparently Podstrana and Stobrec were up to 70%. The 5 star hotels like the Le Méridien Podstrana suffered badly. This are mainly attracts Germans, Austrians and Eastern Europeans who drive here and stay self catering in the plethora of Apartments like our neighbors with the pool. We may see one British car out of a hundred tourist cars.This is very good for the local shops and restaurants.

During a walk today

It has a particular method?
It's actually quite an art. Made on a bed of hot sand in a small, long handled jug called an mbriki. Freshly ground Brazilian beans are added to a small amount of cold water along with some sugar, and it is brought to a boil. Something special happens with the froth - this is the clever bit I need to learn. It is served in a demitasse, along with the grounds which settle in the bottom of the cup. A layer of the froth forms on top - this is a bit powdery, but once you get beneath it you encounter an amazing thick, almost chocolaty coffee, a bit like espresso, but much thicker and less bitter.

It's actually quite an art. Made on a bed of hot sand in a small, long handled jug called an mbriki. Freshly ground Brazilian beans are added to a small amount of cold water along with some sugar, and it is brought to a boil. Something special happens with the froth - this is the clever bit I need to learn. It is served in a demitasse, along with the grounds which settle in the bottom of the cup. A layer of the froth forms on top - this is a bit powdery, but once you get beneath it you encounter an amazing thick, almost chocolaty coffee, a bit like espresso, but much thicker and less bitter.

Sounds fascinating indeed. It remember me a bit of the coffee I had in Croazia many years ago. I don’t know if it’s the same method, but I remember perfectly the first time I’ve had it, managing it as if it was an Italian espresso. Sand and coffee. Oh my. “Be patience, give it its time”, someone told me. I’ve learned soon the lesson
(By the way, it was very good)

Back
Top Bottom