Your Photos

One thing that amazed me about houses in the Netherlands is how big the windows are (which is great!) and how most people live without any blinds or curtains! Someone I know went to study in Groeningen and one of her american colleagues had the neighbours calling the police on her, she had the blinds always down and the neighbours thought she was dealing drugs :roflmao:

Last edited:
One thing that amazed me about houses in the Netherlands is how big the windows are (which is great!) and how most people live without any blinds or curtains! Some I know went to study in Groeningen and one of her american colleagues had the neighbours calling the police on her, she had the blinds always down and the neighbours thought she was dealing drugs :roflmao:

I have noticed that there are very few curtains or blinds obscuring some shop windows in Amsterdam.

One thing that amazed me about houses in the Netherlands is how big the windows are (which is great!) and how most people live without any blinds or curtains! Someone I know went to study in Groeningen and one of her american colleagues had the neighbours calling the police on her, she had the blinds always down and the neighbours thought she was dealing drugs :roflmao:

We don't live without them, they are just only drawn when we're sleeping or when there's too much sunlight in summer. People here keep their curtains open most of the year because this is a miserable grey country and we love to have as much light as possible in our homes.

We don't live without them, they are just only drawn when we're sleeping or when there's too much sunlight in summer. People here keep their curtains open most of the year because this is a miserable grey country and we love to have as much light as possible in our homes.

Yes. The Netherlands seems like a great place to live but I don't think I could deal with the lack of sunlight. While I don't like hot weather I love the sunshine and thankfully Portugal is blessed with plenty of it.

^ You lucky Portuguese ☀. In Finland, screens and artificial lights are pretty much the only light we get in the winter so no wonder we like to travel to the Canary Islands and Thailand on our winter holidays. This pic is from the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in 2017.
valot.JPG

On the other hand 🇫🇮, I love the variation.
polut.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom