Your Photos

That'll pass as an example of photographic minimalism. Whether you intended it or not, it plays on lines sweeping up from bottom right to top left and dropping back from top right. I find the catch point or entry point in the bottom right by two circular repeating elements which draw the eye down there and then let it travel.

I've done a large number of these minimalism studies to develop a mastery over composition.

full.jpg

This example plays on high contrast textures with a catch point in the bottom left and linear geometries which pull up and right and then cycle back down counter-clockwise from the top left.

Can your eye avoid the black water spot in the lower left center?

Most people might find such study photos uninteresting, but they offer much in the way of evaluating composition fundamentals.

This Radio Marelli 50s belonged to my grandparents. I have inherited it when they passed away.
I am very fond to it and it also gives a retro touch in my living room.

View attachment 57206

View attachment 57207

View attachment 57209

View attachment 57208
I just gave my brother a 1970's console stereo that was my grandparents.

I don't know if those ever caught on in Europe, but here, it seemed like everyone had one - giant piece of furniture with a record player, radio, and tape player built in.

I just gave my brother a 1970's console stereo that was my grandparents.

I don't know if those ever caught on in Europe, but here, it seemed like everyone had one - giant piece of furniture with a record player, radio, and tape player built in.

I don't know, maybe yes but I'm not sure. Do you have a photo of the one you gave your brother?

Lovely it is

Thank you. It's such a shame that it no longer works and is now just something 'inanimate', if you know what I mean. It's nice to look at but if only it spoke again..I've tried looking for parts to replace the old and broken (and maybe even missing) ones, but unsuccessfully . I'll keep looking at it, it's so beautiful :)

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom