Your Photos

Branson and Bezos' efforts look a little weak when you see what Musk is doing.

Last edited:
Tut tut to both of you - single use plastics...

Having said that, I do have some from years ago and discovered they are so indestructible (hence the environment issues) that you can dish was them and re-use indefinitely.
I doubt mine would stand up to a washing. They're the super-cheap ones, so it seems that half of them already have a split in them somewhere, rendering them unusable.

I suppose that makes them doubly bad - can't be used for their intended purpose, and aren't biodegradable.

I'll admit that I don't particularly like using a straw, it makes me feel like I'm in grade school again and on my chocolate milk break and nap time, but MrsT likes them with her mimosas and what have you. I'm not sure one of those metal reusable straws would meet with her approval, nor those biodegradable cardboard ones.

McD's, IMO, doesn't just have the best fast food fries, they also have the best straws - those things are heavy-duty!

Having said that, I do have some from years ago and discovered they are so indestructible (hence the environment issues) that you can dish was them and re-use indefinitely.
My maternal grandmother used to wash them, I think we were using the same straws during my entire childhood 😂 but I can't understand why people use straws anyway. They're fun for children and look cool in drinks but they're terrible for the environment.

You are right… Sadly I found only these ones for mom (she needs to drink by using them now).. as soon as she will get better, I’ll make something “artistic” with those straws.

Back
Top Bottom