Your Photos

I supervised the building (I did a bit when I was much younger). As I was the only member of the team with a vehicle (I bought an old pick-up specially) it was also my job to collect materials that weren't being delivered.

Awesome, it's great living in a place you built to your liking isn't it. Our upstairs is a huge bedroom with ensuite and big lounge. We built it about 25 years ago. Our kids were teenagers and they needed their own space, so upstairs is like a flat for us. I must get back to bangers.!!
That concrete must have taken weeks! I built a double garage at the place where we lived before moving here. I concreted the 6 X 6 floor all by myself in a wee mixer like you have. It was back breaking!!

Russ

Awesome, it's great living in a place you built to your liking isn't it. Our upstairs is a huge bedroom with ensuite and big lounge. We built it about 25 years ago. Our kids were teenagers and they needed their own space, so upstairs is like a flat for us. I must get back to bangers.!!
That concrete must have taken weeks! I built a double garage at the place where we lived before moving here. I concreted the 6 X 6 floor all by myself in a wee mixer like you have. It was back breaking!!

Russ

The concrete for the floor slabs and the main beams was ready mix delivered. The mixer was used to mix the concrete for the foundations, columns and the render.

The concrete for the floor slabs and the main beams was ready mix delivered. The mixer was used to mix the concrete for the foundations, columns and the render.

Yes, a lot easier. A great achievement anyway. You must be so proud of yourself. I would be. I know the logistics of putting that all together. I did all the dry wall fitting and plastering myself, ceiling and walls. I see yours in mortar.

Russ

Yes, a lot easier. A great achievement anyway. You must be so proud of yourself. I would be. I know the logistics of putting that all together. I did all the dry wall fitting and plastering myself, ceiling and walls. I see yours in mortar.

Russ

Yes, more mortar than brick! :happy:

The major problem was the language barrier. Even worse was that some of the workers hardly spoke any Thai either, generally Khmer.

The bi-weekly seniors snooker championship in Nakhorn Nowhere.

1 s.jpg

I'm the youngest (but not by much).

This excursion train just went by. The photo isn't great because we only heard the train coming a few seconds earlier and jumped up to get a picture, so the focus is a bit out. You get the general idea, though:

View attachment 27968

I love trains, but I don't take pics of them. People here are obsessed with trains. They are called foamers here. Running around with their cameras taking pics. And foaming at the mouth,lol.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom