Your Tea Habits

I'm just gonna leave this here...

02140DB4-7EF8-4B07-9830-9726662FD0D1.jpeg

I love my black tea. I'm having black tea for breakfast for the last 10 years or so. If Lord Lipton doesn't go bankrupt it's because of me. The Yellow Label is one of my favorites.

2 or 3 years ago when I went to London I went crazy with the tea shopping. I got tea from Fortnum, from Twinnings, from The Tea House, from Postcard Teas, from the East India Company, from Whittards, from Drury, from Sainsbury (I like their loose tea).

Back in my childhood days, on sundays we would go out for a walk and come back home to sandwiches and tea. My dad loved a tea brand called Licungo which he drank in Angola, the tea came from somewhere in Mozambique, it was popular with african immigrants in Portugal. The company was shut down though. I once bought some tea that is supposed to come from the same part of Mozambique, but it didn't taste like my childhood tea.

Extra strong English Breakfast for me. For convenience I use bags, let it steep for a while, then a healthy dollop of milk. I have 3-4 cups every morning.
I also love loose-leaf herbal teas: fruity/herbal refreshing ones, spiced warming tea, and the relaxing "help you sleep" kind.
Current favourites are "Pink Lady" - rose petals, liquorice, spearmint, hibiscus & lavender, a spice mix profiled as Australian campfire, burning logs & subtle gumtree, and another light one with coconut & lemon myrtle (an Aus native which is a bit citrus & a bit earthy).
There's a fabulous bespoke tea place that do small taste samples in test tubes
IMG_20200819_201012.jpg

I love my black tea.
You and me both, Sister! :hug:

I have probably 30 various teas sitting around, with another 10 or so held hostage in my office by this damn virus. Some bags, some loose, some little K-Cup pod thingies.

We were to be in London this past May for a few days, and my No. 1 task was to get to Twining's and buy a load of teas.

Right now, I'm having a lavender Earl Grey, with just a little sugar, and a bit of lemon, loose leaf. That's all I've been drinking because I'm near the end of the canister, and I want to make room for something else.

TastyReuben I hope you know Fortnum & Mason, it's tea heaven, completely posh, I love it :p: This is just one of the photos I took on one of my trips there. Some of the teas smell lovely. And the tea boxes are adorable.

DSC00390.JPG

London is tea heaven. I've traveled so many places and it's still my favorite city in the world.

I have probably 30 various teas sitting around, with another 10 or so held hostage in my office by this damn virus. Some bags, some loose, some little K-Cup pod thingies.

We were to be in London this past May for a few days, and my No. 1 task was to get to Twining's and buy a load of teas.

Right now, I'm having a lavender Earl Grey, with just a little sugar, and a bit of lemon, loose leaf. That's all I've been drinking because I'm near the end of the canister, and I want to make room for something else.

We discovered Taylor's of Harrogate when in England, and loved it. I could/can get it here at World Market. It seems to have a bolder flavor with the same amount of tea. I steep mine for five minutes in a teapot, not the old teabag in a cup.

CD

We discovered Taylor's of Harrogate when in England, and loved it. I could/can get it here at World Market. It seems to have a bolder flavor with the same amount of tea. I steep mine for five minutes in a teapot, not the old teabag in a cup.

CD
I get that here at the international market I go to, and I have their English breakfast tea at the moment. During the winter, I get three big tins of their Christmas tea, because I go through that like water.

CD

Need to get that next time I go to London. From Taylor's I only tried the Yorkshire tea teabags but didn't become a fan. To be honest I just put the teabag in the cup for a couple of minutes and hoped for the best.

By the way if anyone likes full bodied tea, the best I had was Twinning's Irish Breakfast (loose tea). It's so dense you can almost chew it.

Same here, am also very fond of tea. Have a little less than you, about 20 varieties I think.

My favorite is Darjeeling, though a cup of Lady grey also tickles my fancy.

Currently I am drinking green Chinese gunpowder tea with fresh mint and honey for breakfast due to the heatwave.

Plain old dilmah for me earl grey. I tried another one when at my sons called Jamaican gold??? Or similar? It was nice as well. He drinks green tea.
Sugar and dash of milk .

Russ

Back
Top Bottom