Your Tea Habits

Plain old dilmah for me earl grey. I tried another one when at my sons called Jamaican gold??? Or similar? It was nice as well. He drinks green tea.
Sugar and dash of milk .

Russ

I have tried green tea but find it bitter, not at all refreshing. Just want to try something new but struggling to get a taste for it,

As a regular coffee drinker (3 large mugs/day) I know very little about tea. I don't like the taste of green tea either, that much I know. We usually have just herbal infusion (lemon & ginger) and Earl Grey at home. At times we experiment with tastes - mainly with Finnish Nordqvist blends. "Keisarin morsian" (= "The Emperor's Bride") is one of our favorite black teas with a hue of quince and elder. We often use tea bags because they're fast and convenient. They're individually packed in foil nowadays, which increases their shelf life. If we're having several cups, we just dip several bags in a glass teapot :oops:.

My mom makes good black Assam tea in a ceramic tea pot. She uses a lot of loose tea to make a strong concentrate. Then she uses the same mash for two days and dilutes it with water. I don't mind - I love the taste.

One of our closest friends doesn't drink coffee. If she comes by, we infuse loose tea (green, white or black blends, hardly ever chai, oolong or mate) through a stainless steel sieve in a teapot.

Finns seldom have milk or sugar, cucumber or egg sandwiches or sweet treats with tea. We don't have a British afternoon tea tradition. We just have tea (often in the evening), maybe add a small spoonful of honey, and have a couple of savory open-faced sandwiches with cold meat or a biscuit or two with it.

I like tea, hot and cold. I love herbal teas. I drink ginger tea for my tummy and sleepytime tea for my insomnia. I found my favorite green tea at Dollar Tree so I've been buying it by the case lately. I priced out the ingredients and it's less expensive to just buy it. I'm completely cool with no extra work to get that goodness in me. LOL

Right now, I'm all over the Christmas tea

What flavor(s) does it have? I don't really care for coffee but fell in love with "Christmas Blend" coffee. I found it at a kiosk in a mall one year and went on desperate searches for it since then. I probably have six cups of coffee per year, but I would drink Christmas Blend all year long if I could find it.

What flavor(s) does it have? I don't really care for coffee but fell in love with "Christmas Blend" coffee. I found it at a kiosk in a mall one year and went on desperate searches for it since then. I probably have six cups of coffee per year, but I would drink Christmas Blend all year long if I could find it.
Orange and the usual Christmas spices, like cinnamon and clove. If you've ever had Bigelow's Constant Comment tea (always found in hotel lobbies, it seems), it's very similar.

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom