Arancini balls 2nd attempt

But you don't like risotto to begin with if I remember correctly.

I like 1 or 2 bite arrancini, not so much the bigger ones, tennis ball size, like some places here make. What's not to like... creamy rice, stringy, melty cheese in a crunchy exterior?

Same here I never liked risotto and only made it for the wife. After a while I tried it. I like it but wouldn't go mad over it.
Different strokes I guess

Russ

I like rice a lot but its the fact of it being deep fried balls that I struggle with. However, I haven't ever tried it, so I probably should.

If you don't care for deep fried foods, you might not like them. But, they do taste very good, and if you can handle fried foods in moderation, you should try a couple. The crisp shell and the soft interior make a good texture contrast.

Make a small batch with some leftover risotto. If your partner is like my dad, he'll eat whatever you don't. My dad has dementia, and loves to eat. His father was the same way when dementia set in.

CD

I’ve never had them.

I only made risotto once in a pressure cooker. It was really good I could never stand that long to do it on the stove.

If you don't care for deep fried foods, you might not like them. But, they do taste very good, and if you can handle fried foods in moderation, you should try a couple. The crisp shell and the soft interior make a good texture contrast.

Make a small batch with some leftover risotto. If your partner is like my dad, he'll eat whatever you don't. My dad has dementia, and loves to eat. His father was the same way when dementia set in.

CD

Doesn't sound good for you then? It might skip a gene??
It's a horrible thing to deal with.

Russ

Doesn't sound good for you then? It might skip a gene??
It's a horrible thing to deal with.

Russ

Some might say I'm already there. :laugh: But, if I follow in my dad's and grandfather's genetic path, I have close to 30 years before I have to worry about that.

CD

CD

I've no problem with deep fried food or rice. Its just that idea of rice deep fried balls seems dull to me.

But yes, Steve will eat anything so I should try them.

Back
Top Bottom