Beetroot

Parsnips taste very different from carrots! Perhaps they don't when raw. I've never tried raw parsnip. OK, tomorrow its my day for eating raw veg. I'm always up for a new challenge.

Apparently this is a great way of losing weight. Eat what you like (no limit!) but you aren't allowed to have anything that has been cooked. So you can't have bread, for example. Apart from nuts and avocado, its quite difficult to exceed calories if you eat that way.
I meant in shape!

Parsnips taste very different from carrots! Perhaps they don't when raw. I've never tried raw parsnip. OK, tomorrow its my day for eating raw veg. I'm always up for a new challenge.

Apparently this is a great way of losing weight. Eat what you like (no limit!) but you aren't allowed to have anything that has been cooked. So you can't have bread, for example. Apart from nuts and avocado, its quite difficult to exceed calories if you eat that way.

Couldn't you exceed your daily calories by sating nuts? Yss they are good for you, but are high in fat (good fat) proteins fibre and calories

Couldn't you exceed your daily calories by sating nuts? Yss they are good for you, but are high in fat (good fat) proteins fibre and calories
Well yes, you could. That's why I said 'apart from'. But I think if you just eat raw food there is a limit to the amount of nuts you would be able to eat. I think you would get sick of them. I don't really know. Never tried it!

Well yes, you could. That's why I said 'apart from'. But I think if you just eat raw food there is a limit to the amount of nuts you would be able to eat. I think you would get sick of them. I don't really know. Never tried it!
Challenge number two then

Don't look at me. There is no way im eating raw .......stuff like that. But maybe satnav will.

But they are raw.
hatetobreakittoyoubutnutsarenotrawandmytablethasdecidedtoomitallspaces!

Try that one again...

I hate to break it to you, but very few nuts are actually raw. Most are heated to get them out of their hard shell and often this partially roasts them. My latest bag of cashew nuts is clearly affected by temperature which is a shame because I can't make raw cashew nut butter from them. Even making a straight cashew nut butter from them is much harder for some reason.

In addition to that most supermarkets roast the nuts in their nut and fruit mixes.

To eat raw all day is surprisingly difficult. You have to rule out things like mayonnaise unless you make your own. The eggs have had to be pasteurised, so rule out all milk including almond milk etc because take Alpro's almond milk for example, that is lightly roasted almonds that are then made into 'milk'.

Any sauces are out unless homemade from scratch because most are heated above a certain temperature so are not considered raw. Requirements of law to sell etc. Jars of anything are out unless it has the words raw on it. You can get raw jams, they are very nice but not set in the conventional sense. Raw ice cream is no easier. Raw bread I can do and there are recipes on here for a raw onion bread. But it needs a lot of planning. It would not surprise me if even dairy butter was not raw. My margarine isn't but that is easily replaced with mashed avocado.

As for raw beetroot, I've not had it. But I'm quite happy to include it in my salad tonight. However I didn't plan on a raw meal because I planned to use Hellman's mayonnaise with grated carrot which won't qualify as raw unless I make my own.
Right off for breakfast, not raw, then a trike ride!

You clean them first, get rid of the muck.
Why get rid of the muck? The big brains are saying the dirt is good for you and acts as a shield for the stomach. So bring out the muck. What I will tell you is this. The next time I have some beets I will be having a raw bit or bite......minus the muck in the first instance.

Back
Top Bottom