Caregivers’ chat

I‘ve read my mums. It was in with some of her papers. It is humorous and well written. Even if as usual it’s not grounded in any reality I recognise or shared with her.

It’s probably for the best if I dont speak when her turn comes around.

Caregiver chat for the day:

I just got a telephone call from my Mother ... One of my Neighborhood Gal Pals Mom also now lives in the same Senior Living Community as my Mom - "The Two Moms" - well!
Her Mom called my Mom asking if I would go over and check on my Gal Pal ... her Mom had been trying to call her for hours with no answer ... 💁‍♀️
Gal Pal & her Hubby both have Covid! They're probably sleeping ... "oh but maybe you could go check on them and make sure they're okay. You know, they have no one to take care of them ... duh, hello! She knows that she has me and our other Neighborhood Gal Pals to do whatever they need! "Oh, but, but ... "

Let's throw into the middle of the mix that my Mom had to emphatically profess that she didn't have Covid ...
"Have you been tested yet Mom?"
No, but I don't have a fever!
"Really? And why don't I believe you?"
WHATEVER ... let me go pop over there ... they live two streets over from us ...
I rang the bell, waited for them to get up out of bed, as I knew they were, and my Pal was mortified!
I said, "I was sent on a mission ... your Mom called my Mom to have me check on you. Are you alive?"
😆

Caregiver chat for the day:

I just got a telephone call from my Mother ... One of my Neighborhood Gal Pals Mom also now lives in the same Senior Living Community as my Mom - "The Two Moms" - well!
Her Mom called my Mom asking if I would go over and check on my Gal Pal ... her Mom had been trying to call her for hours with no answer ... 💁‍♀️
Gal Pal & her Hubby both have Covid! They're probably sleeping ... "oh but maybe you could go check on them and make sure they're okay. You know, they have no one to take care of them ... duh, hello! She knows that she has me and our other Neighborhood Gal Pals to do whatever they need! "Oh, but, but ... "

Let's throw into the middle of the mix that my Mom had to emphatically profess that she didn't have Covid ...
"Have you been tested yet Mom?"
No, but I don't have a fever!
"Really? And why don't I believe you?"
WHATEVER ... let me go pop over there ... they live two streets over from us ...
I rang the bell, waited for them to get up out of bed, as I knew they were, and my Pal was mortified!
I said, "I was sent on a mission ... your Mom called my Mom to have me check on you. Are you alive?"
😆
Urgh and lol!

Mom called my sister last night at about 7:30PM, and said somebody tossed some kibble onto her patio for the dog, and she ate some. She was afraid somebody was trying to poison her dog. I drove over, and it wasn't kibble. It was some kind of seeds from a tree. A cold front blew through last evening, and blew tree seeds all over the place, and a bunch were on her patio. I don't know why the dog was eating them, but it shouldn't hurt her.

BTW, my mom does have one neighbor who gives the dog treats if she sees the dog on the patio. I wish the woman wouldn't do that, as the dog has had weight issues, but if it makes the old woman happy, I'm not going to say anything.

CD

Last edited:
Mom called my sister last night at about 7:30PM, and said somebody tossed some kibble onto her patio for the dog, and she ate some. She was afraid somebody was trying to poison her dog. I drove over, and it wasn't kibble. It was some kind of seeds from a tree. A cold front blew through last evening, and blew tests meds all over the place, and a bunch were on her patio. I don't know why the dog was eating them, but it shouldn't hurt her.

BTW, my mom does have one neighbor who gives the dog treats if she sees the dog on the patio. I wish the woman wouldn't do that, as the dog has had weight issues, but if it makes the old woman happy, I'm not going to say anything.

CD
Test meds? Did auto correct or predictive text strike again?

Test meds? Did auto correct or predictive text strike again?
That, or she’s in a very different kind of home: “Here, just toss these test meds out on the patio for odd-numbered bungalows, and give placebos to the even-numbered ones and let’s see what happens.”

That, or she’s in a very different kind of home: “Here, just toss these test meds out on the patio for odd-numbered bungalows, and give placebos to the even-numbered ones and let’s see what happens.”
Everyone knows what happens, a large beanstalk grows and you end up with a golden egg.

It's not going to be hard for me to do. I do have some professional writing experience. **

Update: It will be really easy, because my mom and sister have dictated what will be in it. I have no say in any of this. The important thing is to get people to give money to their Conservative Evangelical Church in dad's memory. I suggested a second choice, the VFW, but they vetoed me and once again scolded me for not getting with the program.

So, I'll just be a secretary who makes sure the grammar is correct. I have to send it to my sister, so she can approve it and send it on. EVERYTHING has to go through her.

I go home tomorrow, but will be back in a couple of weeks for more abuse. I am really considering renting a hotel room, even though I'll catch all kinds of 💩 about that.

The biggest thing I will miss about my dad is that he was the only one in the family who actually respected me. We disagreed on plenty of things, but he took my thoughts seriously.

CD

My dad passed away this morning. He has been in a coma since last Friday.

My mom went to see him yesterday, and she knew he was going to die, and very soon. She is taking it well.

I am flying down there tomorrow -- I have phone calls to make and need to go to my parent's bank today.

CD
My belated condolences. :hug:

I don’t know why it won’t let me quote and reply to your post, I’ve tried multiple times over different devices and days 🤷‍♀️

So lets try an @ instead!

caseydog

A five minute conversation with you is easily enough to know you‘re worth listening to. IMO they’re the ones missing out. Families can be silly about allowing people out of their prescribed childhood roles. Particularly older siblings with baby brothers or sisters.

With everything else going on, the Villages (senior residences) called me and said my mom's dog has to leave. :facepalm:

The dog is a barker. We've been telling my mom that she can't put her out on the patio on nice days to enjoy the sun and breezes. "But she enjoys it soooo much." The neighbors have finally had enough.

My mom is not going to take this well (understatement of the year). She will no doubt tell us that she'll just take her dog and move out. That's not an option.

Anyway, when I come back from Houston next week, I'll be driving, and bringing a dog with me. I'll have to go outside with her anytime she goes out, especially after dark, because she is a little dog -- a nice meal for a coyote or bobcat. The dog is also spoiled rotten, which isn't going to fly in my house. But, the dog does really like me, so she'll adapt to my ways.

CD

Back
Top Bottom