Could you do a week as a vegetarian?

How easy would you find it to only cook and eat vegetarian for a week?

• Easy

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Somewhat difficult

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I like meat too much

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Wouldn't know where to start

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
I saw a pasta dish on the tv last night, can't remember the programme but the pasta sauce was made with beetroot instead of the usual tomato, definitely fancy trying that :okay:

Bettroot is being used In a lot of recipes these days. It seems to be the new in food.

I saw a pasta dish on the tv last night, can't remember the programme but the pasta sauce was made with beetroot instead of the usual tomato, definitely fancy trying that :okay:
I saw that too. I think it was Jamie Oliver (?), but not him cooking it. To be honest I wasn't convinced by it, interesting though it was. To me, beetroot has a sweet earthy flavour which I wouldn't associate with pasta sauce. But... it could be worth a try.

I agree. Who knows what the next best thing will be. And it will probably be next week as well.
There was a flurry of edible flowers not long ago. Some supermarkets even started stocking them. But I don't think it really caught on with the general public. A pansy isn't exactly comforting or filling or even remarkably tasty. Perhaps @Berties uses flowers in his restaurant, though. :happy:

There was a flurry of edible flowers not long ago. Some supermarkets even started stocking them. But I don't think it really caught on with the general public. A pansy isn't exactly comforting or filling or even remarkably tasty. Perhaps @Berties uses flowers in his restaurant, though. :happy:
Have stuffed courgette flowers with lobster mousse and am just coming to the end of edible herb flowers , fever few , mint, marjoram,borage , chives , lavender to name a few

Last edited:
Have stuffed courgette flowers with lobster mousse and am just coming to the end of edible herb flowers , fever few , mint, marjoram
That's different. Stuffed courgette flowers with lobster mousse (lovely!) and flowering herbs are not the same as pansies! You are using them for flavour rather than decoration.

I saw that too. I think it was Jamie Oliver (?), but not him cooking it. To be honest I wasn't convinced by it, interesting though it was. To me, beetroot has a sweet earthy flavour which I wouldn't associate with pasta sauce. But... it could be worth a try.

Countryfile I believe, something to do with traditional something-or-other rather than new fad. I love beetroot, we are growing a golden variety which is rather tasty

Countryfile I believe, something to do with traditional something-or-other rather than new fad. I love beetroot, we are growing a golden variety which is rather tasty
Oh yes, you are right. It was Countryfile. I had been watching Jamie in Food channel so got confused. A common state these days...

Yes - I could also be a caveman type and live on almost exclusively raw meat or a fruit bat and live only on fruit. The real question is would I choose to do so permanently and the answer is definitely no.

Oh yes, you are right. It was Countryfile. I had been watching Jamie in Food channel so got confused. A common state these days...

There are so many cooking programmes on these days, new and old, I get a bit confused myself to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom