Could you do a week as a vegetarian?

How easy would you find it to only cook and eat vegetarian for a week?

• Easy

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Somewhat difficult

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I like meat too much

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Wouldn't know where to start

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
oven on an exceptionally low temp probably with the door open..... the aim with raw food is to dehydrate without heating the food above 100F or 37C roughly.
Wouldn't this mean it isn't really raw food - its been cooked (albeit at low temperature). I presume a dehydrator does the same? And if I dried fruit in the sun - would that count as raw even though it's 'cooked' by the sun. What is the magic thing about 100F? Hmmn...

Wouldn't this mean it isn't really raw food - its been cooked (albeit at low temperature). I presume a dehydrator does the same? And if I dried fruit in the sun - would that count as raw even though it's 'cooked' by the sun. What is the magic thing about 100F? Hmmn...
that would be a totally different thread! :whistling:

Googled it. The advocates think that above these temperatures kills off enzymes and other nutrition. The upper limit is 49c or 120F according to Wiki. Personally I think this is cheating. If you cooked something long enough at this temperature (fillet steak in a sous vide for example) it would be cooked. You had the right idea with chomping into raw beetroot.

Anyway, we are doing a vegetarian week as I speak (day 5). Certain people are muttering about 'not enough warning'. Tonight its spicy vegi-burgers (sweet potato, cheese, fresh coriander, chilli, barlotti beans, mushrooms, garam masala & some other bits) with brown rice and a tomato sauce. No-one said 'Sounds great!' when I announced this dish.:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom