Could you do a week as a vegetarian?

How easy would you find it to only cook and eat vegetarian for a week?

• Easy

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Somewhat difficult

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I like meat too much

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Wouldn't know where to start

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
But could you do a whole week on raw food? Maybe I should set a new Poll. But I doubt many of us could say yes!
Could depend on where you(sushi, far east) are and how the question is asked.

Bread & tea aside, longest has been two days. Comes back to farm life

Could depend on where you(sushi, far east) are and how the question is asked.

Bread & tea aside, longest has been two days. Comes back to farm life
You can't set bread and tea aside. That's part of the problem. Its really difficult to do totally raw. If I could eat bread it would be fine because I could make sandwiches!

No, not meat! But sandwiches with tomato, avocados, cucumber, onions (might eschew raw beetroot though). And then I could have oysters with bread to dunk into the juice...mmm. And Summer Pudding for dessert!

If I could eat bread it would be fine because I could make sandwiches!
The raw food diet have different kind of breads. There is a wonderful flat bread that they have that is made from onion with various seeds and herbs in it. I have previously posted the recipe here. It is excellent as a open sandwich. In fact we often make it and my husband really enjoys it. With care it makes a closed sandwich or a wrap as well.

There are all sorts of different flat breads that you can make on a raw food diet. You can use pretty much anything you want here to make the flat bread, the only limit is your imagination. Your base is seed and or nuts with some oil and then a flavouring: onions, roasted peppers, tomatoes, the infamous kale, broccoli...

There is also a short of bread, though I have yet to be convinced about it, that uses phylum husks to make a sort of soft base with. Again you as flavourings out not as required. I think the best phrase I can come up with is that it is an acquired taste. For me the texture was all wrong and I didn't like it one bit. :yuck:

But the flat raw breads are wonderful and very simple and easy to make it you have a dehydrator, that is.

But the flat raw breads are wonderful and very simple and easy to make it you have a dehydrator, that is.
I still need convincing on that one. I mean, raw kale or broccoli and onions? But I'm not against trying it. I don't have a dehydrator though (that makes it seem like it is more like crisp bread). I'll have a search for recipes.

I still need convincing on that one. I mean, raw kale or broccoli and onions? But I'm not against trying it. I don't have a dehydrator though (that makes it seem like it is more like crisp bread). I'll have a search for recipes.
You could do sprouts if you had!

I could easily do a month as a vegetarian! The only thing I eat regularly that is not plant based is cheese! I only eat fish and some seafood periodically (maybe once per week?) so I am practically a vegetarian now. The real challenge would be going vegan as I'm not giving up cheese, chocolate, or wine ever, and I like honey!

Back
Top Bottom