Cryptic food and drink

typical.... having issues with computer. tried 4 times to reply now and lost it each time

OK - there appears to be a problem inserting the spoiler code.
I can't currently insert it.

So my answer is nope, I don't know it and I have had to go and look at a list of cheeses from Normandy to be able to answer ... however I can't actually answer because I can't enter the spoiler code without loosing everything I have typed....

Last edited by a moderator:
typical.... having issues with computer. tried 4 times to reply now and lost it each time

OK - there appears to be a problem inserting the spoiler code.
I can't currently insert it.

So my answer is nope, I don't know it and I have had to go and look at a list of cheeses from Normandy to be able to answer ... however I can't actually answer because I can't enter the spoiler code without loosing everything I have typed....
OK that is really weird because that is not what I typed at all!
Well the words are but the content wasn't in a spoiler and the answer should have been! ahhhh

nope, still none the wiser on that one. sorry
When the clue says 'something' head (as in anchovy), it means the first letter of that word. So 'Gateshead' would mean 'G' or 'pig's head' would mean 'P'. This letter is then 'chewed' (in this case) by the word or words that follow. Meaning that you have an anagram of the letter with the word or words which follow. So... its Anchovy head....

When the clue says 'something' head (as in anchovy), it means the first letter of that word. So 'Gateshead' would mean 'G' or 'pig's head' would mean 'P'. This letter is then 'chewed' (in this case) by the word or words that follow. Meaning that you have an anagram of the letter with the word or words which follow. So... its Anchovy head....
Someone needs to compose a list of all these clues or is there a site which has them all in one place?

So I have something staying with the letter A that is a nice appetiser. Out is the word for an anagram, chewed and spat out also sounds like they are the words for an anagram (now anyhow) but I'm left wondering what are the other 4 letters? Is it the word nice? I can't for the life of me see anything in "aei cn".

Anise is the closest I can come up with but that is not really using all of the letters because I have switched one! So I guess the answer is no.

Rereading your instructions, I wonder if you mean I should start with the letter A bit then take the first letter of each of the next words? which gives me "aao cs" and very little I can make from that either unless I switch a letter out... 'Socca' but I'm guessing you don't mean that either (chickpea flour pancake street food in France, not really an appetiser).

OK I guess you must be :banghead:repeatedly by now, so I I'll go and have breakfast and think about parsnips and recipes instead for a while!

Back
Top Bottom