Eggs - Nature's Perfect Food. How do you use them?

We mustn't forget this (I gather from a long ago discussion that not many Americans eat eggs this way or even own egg-cups). Now we have new membership I'd like to know if that is true. Not one of my best photos... no dripping yolk!

20170627_154059.jpg

Nope and Nope. I would try it though. I'll try almost anything twice :)
Right...I've seen these used in movies, but have never had a desire to have one myself. @morning glory: Aren't you worried about knocking some of the egg shell into the egg yolk when you crack it or scoop it out?

Right...I've seen these used in movies, but have never had a desire to have one myself. @morning glory: Aren't you worried about knocking some of the egg shell into the egg yolk when you crack it or scoop it out?

Can happen - but you just have to be careful. Its so strange to think you guys don't eat eggs like this. I think almost anyone who grew up in the UK will have eaten boiled eggs and soldiers (although maybe that would not be a tradition if they grew up in some of the ethnic communities here). I had an egg served like this for breakfast most days as a kid. In fact I had two last night!

You don't get shell in the egg if you tap the top of the egg with the back your spoon several times so the shell fractures. Then peel off the shell from the top part of the egg then slice the top of the egg off.

Eggs:

1) Tapa: Tortilla Española = Spanish Omelette.
2) Brunch: Eggs Benedict Classic however I request the eggs to be done hard boiled & sliced ..
3) Lunch: A French Omelette ..
4) Lunch: Hard boiled eggs in Salads such as Classic Niçoise ..
5) Appetiser: Deviled Eggs ..
6) Salad Lunch or a Sándwich on Baguette: Egg Salad.
7) Lunch: Boletus Eduli Mushrooms with a Scrambled Eggs or served with a French Omelette.

No Thank you on Soft boiled or Runny Eggs ..

Have a lovely weekend ..

Last edited:
We mustn't forget this (I gather from a long ago discussion that not many Americans eat eggs this way or even own egg-cups). Now we have new membership I'd like to know if that is true. Not one of my best photos... no dripping yolk!
I do not own an egg cup but I do have small ramekins that work well. I have not eaten eggs this way in a while and must do so. Isn't there a special tool for taking off the top of the egg? I remember seeing something like that on a cooking show.

Back
Top Bottom