Microwave magic?

My kitchen is too small to afford space for a microwave oven. I did have one many years ago, when I was a housewife, I used to to cook vegetables but I got fed up opening and closing the door so went back to pots and pans.
I've got a small kitchen but mine is built in to a cupboard so not taking up counter space.

You know you can get over the range ones too? They even have a fan and light just like a regular range hood.

Hello! I am new here, and happened upon this thread by chance, somehow, saw it's interest beckoning me, and decided to "join up". I posted a bit in the Introductory section, which might just be of interest to those folks who contributed to this particular thread.
impish

EDIT: I see I must await moderator-approval, so will abstain from additional posting today....

Hello! I am new here, and happened upon this thread by chance, somehow, saw it's interest beckoning me, and decided to "join up". I posted a bit in the Introductory section, which might just be of interest to those folks who contributed to this particular thread.
impish

EDIT: I see I must await moderator-approval, so will abstain from additional posting today....

:welcome:

I've got a biggish kitchen, and that's too small some times, btw my microwave is above the wall oven. A mate of mine who was also a customer about 20 years ago. I used to go to his home and have dinner there when I was away from home. I said to his wife about her not having a microwave. She said she wouldn't have one if you paid her. She believed they give you cancer. I wonder if she has one now,lol. Btw, they split up so I guess I'll never know.

Russ

I've got a biggish kitchen, and that's too small some times, btw my microwave is above the wall oven. A mate of mine who was also a customer about 20 years ago. I used to go to his home and have dinner there when I was away from home. I said to his wife about her not having a microwave. She said she wouldn't have one if you paid her. She believed they give you cancer. I wonder if she has one now,lol. Btw, they split up so I guess I'll never know.

Russ

There was speculation around that time or so, that microwave ovens supposedly caused cancer. But none of that was really ever proven to be true. The screen on the door's window is protection to help keep the nuclear energy from escaping.

It has its uses. Great for reheating. I like to use it to cook or parcook a lot of vegetables. I and my DD have used it to make candy, and I've used it to make a quickie coffee mug cake/brownie dessert. And, I'll use it to cook things for lunch that are designed to be cooked in the microwave, but that's about it.

It has its uses. Great for reheating. I like to use it to cook or parcook a lot of vegetables. I and my DD have used it to make candy, and I've used it to make a quickie coffee mug cake/brownie dessert. And, I'll use it to cook things for lunch that are designed to be cooked in the microwave, but that's about it.

I think we are missing a trick or two perhaps? I'm certainly guilty of under-using mine. This is another item to add to my 'Things to do in the new year' list!

Back
Top Bottom