Odd Supermarket Behavior

Unfortunately life isn't that simple. There is a sad lack of preparation for parenthood and even for those who are prepared it can come as quite a shock to realise the extent of the responsibility. My first daughter had the worst screaming tantrums I've ever seen - when this happened in the middle of the supermarket I'd get some very hostile looks but there was literally nothing I could do about it other than leave all the shopping half done and exit the shop.
I witnessed a similar episode in my local Tesco a few months ago. A member of staff got involved and almost became a personal entertainer for the child, distracting and calming her down. The mother was so visibly grateful (we all were actually - it had been quite distressing to witness) and it was done in such a professional way that made me wonder if the staff are trained for such events.

Unfortunately life isn't that simple. There is a sad lack of preparation for parenthood and even for those who are prepared it can come as quite a shock to realise the extent of the responsibility. My first daughter had the worst screaming tantrums I've ever seen - when this happened in the middle of the supermarket I'd get some very hostile looks but there was literally nothing I could do about it other than leave all the shopping half done and exit the shop.

That isn't lack of care on your behalf though is it?

When I was a kid my mum did our shopping at the local COOP just around the corner, there were no others near by at the time, us 3 kids were always well behaved, this was commented on by the manager who rewarded us with sweets, we may have been young but definitely not daft :wink:

Here’s one that’s not just confined to supermarkets. I can’t believe how many people can’t leave their dogs at home. They leave them in the car, and part of me wants to break into the car to let the pets out, or at least open the window so they can breathe and they don’t die. I guess they really love their dogs. :meh:

It's illegal here. And yes the police will smash the window. And yes, that's the owners problem to sort out.

Leaving a kid in the car could land you in jail, no matter how many windows you leave open.

I refuse to go to the store on a saturday. I go in fine and come out grumpy...its too loud, too crowded, and the lines are too long and i won't even talk about the parking lot. I used to take my mom to do her shopping when she stopped being able to drive...i told her there was a moratorium on shopping on saturdays.

It's illegal here. And yes the police will smash the window. And yes, that's the owners problem to sort out.

Leaving a kid in the car could land you in jail, no matter how many windows you leave open.
They advise you here phone the police, then take a photo of the animal or child in the car before you smash the window to prove that you weren't just breaking into the vehicle.

I got a telling off for leaving my dog in the car one hot day. The windows were all open about 4 inches, the aircon was full on, and I was sitting in the car with him waiting for someone :( We were on our way home from taking the dog for a walk in the country park.

Back
Top Bottom