Status on MorningGlory

That must be driving you barmy....I can't go more than a few days without washing my hair.
Have you tried these no-rinse shampoo caps? I don't have any personal experience of them, but they might help make you feel a bit better?

They do okay. We had to use them on Craig when he had the broken leg/stroke. Just make sure you warm them up, but not too hot.

That must be driving you barmy....I can't go more than a few days without washing my hair.
Have you tried these no-rinse shampoo caps? I don't have any personal experience of them, but they might help make you feel a bit better?

Finally managed to wash hair and put temporary red dye on, more or less standing on one leg using kitchen sink. It didn't do my back much good but hair will be OK for a week now. I usually only wash it once a week otherwise its too fluffy. Then I dried it sitting on sofa with hair dryer on an extension cable. That'll do!

Finally managed to wash hair and put temporary red dye on, more or less standing on one leg using kitchen sink. It didn't do my back much good but hair will be OK for a week now. I usually only wash it once a week otherwise its too fluffy. Then I dried it sitting on sofa with hair dryer on an extension cable. That'll do!
Congratulations on the accomplishment!

I remember a report on a "Tomorrow's World" episode (presented by Raymond Baxter). It must have been late 60s early 70s. It involved a woman of around mid 20s who was asked not to wash her hair. Every week she was interviewed on the programme and even the first week, she hated it. It must have gone on for over a month but eventually she stated that it felt far more "alive" and soft then when she washed it regularly.

That's all I remember.

I remember a report on a "Tomorrow's World" episode (presented by Raymond Baxter). It must have been late 60s early 70s. It involved a woman of around mid 20s who was asked not to wash her hair. Every week she was interviewed on the programme and even the first week, she hated it. It must have gone on for over a month but eventually she stated that it felt far more "alive" and soft then when she washed it regularly.

That's all I remember.
As a kid I was made to wash my hair every day and I can remember one occasion waiting at the bus stop when a little old lady came to to me and told me off for being out with wet hair. I'd only washed it the night before but it was so greasy already.

Going camping, I'd wash it every morning under a cold tap until the pipes froze and I couldn't. We went a week without water other than drinking water in that campsite (it dropped to -20°C).
I also accidentally changed my shampoo from one for greasy hair to one for dry hair and suddenly my hair stopped being so greasy.
Now i routinely go a week or more without washing it and you can't tell until day 8... it makes life so much easier.

If you can't wash your hair for a while then rub in some talcum powder, it soaks up any oil.

There’s a movement that was/still is (?) call “no ‘poo” (or something like that) that says you can go quite a long time time, like weeks and weeks and weeks between hair washes.

What happens is (according to the no ‘pooers) is: you wash your hair, it strips away all the natural oils. Your body reacts by producing an over-abundance of oils to compensate, you look in the mirror a day or two later and say, “OMG, my hair is so greasy!” and you wash your hair, it strips away all the natural oils, and the cycle continues. It takes about six weeks of not washing your hair for your body to get the balance right and after that, it sort of works out.

I do think there’s something to that, as I had to go a few months without washing my hair while being treated for rosacea, and that’s pretty much what happened, and I had shoulder-length hair at the time. The first few weeks were pretty hard to deal with, it was really nasty, but then it worked out. I wash my hair once a month now.

MrsT…I’ve posted pics of her hair before, incredibly thick and kinky, and she washes hers every six weeks or so. Both our hair stylists are also of the opinion that people generally wash their hair far too often.

I have very thick and long dark hair, though it's almost half silver now. It used to be even thicker when I was younger. I go 4 to 6 weeks between washings, sometimes even a bit longer if the weather is cold and I'm not sweating at all. My hair never looks or feels greasy.

Craig, on the other hand, has fine, not so thick, light colored hair, a dark dirty blond. He can't even go a week without it being greasy and stringy. When he wasn't himself in the hospital and for a month or so after that, we let it go longer, past a couple of weeks, and it just got worse. We had to use the dry bonnet style shampoos and a couple of him standing at the sink and me washing after he got home.

If a "frame" in the UK is like a "walker" in the US, you can get them in "stand-up" versions that don't force you to stoop over.

View attachment 95195

CD
Casey. being six foot one, I really need to bookmark one of these in case of need!

(Being able to stand upright beats caring how often my hair get washed....)

Still washing my plate almost every day, as I'm working in the kitchen all kind of smells end up on your head, unless you've a cap.

I'd love to not have to wash my hair so often....but sadly it doesn't work for me :thumbsdown:
I wash mine every 2 to 4 days...by day 4 though my scalp is unbearably itchy and crusty (sorry if that's too much info!) Maybe if I persevered and went a month or more it'd be better? But I'm not prepared to hibernate at home for a month or so until I'm ready to go out again in public :scratchhead:
I do have very thick but fine and lightish coloured hair though...I guess this probably has an impact on how often it needs washing tho.

Hope Steve is coping with everything. Di you have help for him??

Russ

Not really. I did to start with, from a crisis care team but now that is just once a week. The biggest problem is that he needs to go for daily walks. Its his main love and he goes stir crazy otherwise. I am still seeking a solution, as social care (private or charity) won't provide that. It seems like a simple thing but for various reasons, it isn't.

Back
Top Bottom