The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Coconut

ar.jpg

The same rule has been used freely by others, simply listing it in the ingredients.

@Elawin has already clarified that coconut must be an integral part of the recipe; and that sprinkling desiccated coconut on top of something doesn't count.

Perhaps less picking at the rules and more recipe posting is the best way to find out if something qualifies or not. :thumbsup:

Sooo .... let's see some coconut-based recipes ... :chef:

Congrats, @Elawin!

I've seen them being harvested in the Caribbean. Health & Safety mob back home would go ballistic.
My in-laws had several coconut palms in their front yard in Florida. One year Mom brought several up in her luggage so she could make fresh coconut pies for us. :giggle:

Last edited:
I'm reminded of these lovely cakes which I haven't seen in an age - in the UK we call them Madeleines
I get a few of those when we're back home! Unlike the shape you posted, though, ours are cut in a blocky rectangle and are called "coconut bars". My favorite is chocolate cake with a very rich chocolate icing (almost like a thick sauce, really), and a generous coating of coconut. Yum!

I shall skip this one as it is not something we care for ..

As I a matter of fact, the only time we enjoyed it was in Thailand, on Phuket Island in a prawn shellfish soup, where the clear transparent liquid only was used in the broth ..

All my best to the participants.

I shall skip this one as it is not something we care for ..

As I a matter of fact, the only time we enjoyed it was in Thailand, on Phuket Island in a prawn shellfish soup, where the clear transparent liquid only was used in the broth ..

All my best to the participants.

I'm not a fan of coconut either. But that has never stopped me entering a challenge! I just cook it for the others here. I made something today. I actually felt sick after tasting it so many times whilst cooking it - but son and daughter declared it fantastic! :scratchhead: Its OK, I really don't want to win with the recipe which I will post shortly, @Elawin. :D

Back
Top Bottom