The CookingBites recipe challenge: hard squash

Easy Spaghetti Squash Casserole

IMG_3380.JPG

I got ALOT of Spaghetti Squash!

IMG_3378.JPG

Before I even started this recipe, I asked my Gal Pal next door if they like Spaghetti Squash... good thing too!
IMG_3379.JPG

I got SEVEN cups of flesh!

IMG_3381.JPG

I shared with Mr&Mrs Next Door Neighbor. They're out of town but coming back tomorrow, I left this in their `fridge.

Last edited:
Just a couple of days left, so if you’re holding any squash in reserve, now’s the time to roll it out!

FYI - medtran49 is back on the bench as judge. :okay:
Brilliant...

I might just make a certain sauce I've had my eye on, and possibly try some "chips" or even "crisps" in the airfryer tomorrow. It's due to be wet, so no garden work...

Looks like a delicious Mayonnaise, very good blender
Yeah, it's a Vitamix Ascent A3500i series. Worth every cent. I struggled for years with an imitation one (Omniblend) and when it finally gave up, tried to manage for another 12 months without. Best thing I did was to buy a proper Vitamix (in the BIG sales!lol.

This challenge has reached its deadline and is closed to further entries. By my count, there are 11 recipes to consider. Thanks to all who participated.

It’s now up to medtran49 to review the submissions and choose a winning dish - good luck to everyone!

I really did want to enter something. I saw some nice butternut and spaghetti squashes at HEB yesterday, and almost bought one of them. But, I did not have an idea in mind. Having limited experience eating hard squashes, and zero experience cooking with them, I just didn't have any ideas.

Good luck to those who entered. :okay:

Thanks to all who participated. All the recipes look great but there were 4 that particularly piqued my curiosity, which are listed below in no particular order.

kaneohegirlinaz with

Recipe - Easy Spaghetti Squash Casserole

The Late Night Gourmet with

Recipe - Stuffed Acorn Squash

karadekoolaid with

Recipe - Savoury Butternut Squash Pie (Kolokithopita)

TastyReuben with

Recipe - Horseradish beef-and-vegetable wine stew

And the one that appealed the most is....

TastyReuben for his horseradish beef and vegetable stew. I'm going to make this as soon as our weather cools off a bit more, and may give his Recipe - Pumpkin-Parmesan Crackers a try as well with butternut squash puree instead of pumpkin to go with the stew.

Ok, just to allow everyone to put their chef’s hats on, I’ll let you know now that the next ingredient will be…mayonnaise.

More specifics to follow, and I regrettably don’t have time this morning to get the new challenge officially set up and featured, but I’ll get to it later today.

Start thinking about all things mayonnaise!

Back
Top Bottom