The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Pomegranate

Not sure why you mentioned me in your post? I'm not a fan of pomegranate and have never cut one open to remove the seeds. Like Richard Boone said to John Wayne, when offer a canned peach in the movie "Big Jake", "No thanks they hurt my teeth."

Oops! My bad. I meant that for the Late Night Gourmet and was trying to see how those member tags worked. My Apologies.

I've created an example Pomegranate recipe. I call it "Pomegranate Meats Rouleaux Carnaval and Rice Boules." You can find it at this link ...

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/pomegranate-meats-rouleaux-carnaval-and-rice-boules.11871/

I am positively amazed at what can be done with a good Pomegranate preserve and have some left to make things like peanut butter and Pomegranate jelly sandwiches, ice cream topped with Pomegranate or Cheese Cake topped with Pomegranate and Whipped Cream.

I've created an example Pomegranate recipe. I call it "Pomegranate Meats Rouleaux Carnaval and Rice Boules." You can find it at this link ...

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/pomegranate-meats-rouleaux-carnaval-and-rice-boules.11871/

I am positively amazed at what can be done with a good Pomegranate preserve and have some left to make things like peanut butter and Pomegranate jelly sandwiches, ice cream topped with Pomegranate or Cheese Cake topped with Pomegranate and Whipped Cream.

Fabulous work @flyinglentris. I've never come across pomegranate preserve before...

img_1117-jpg.jpg

Pomegranate Juice

I know...not very exciting by itself. But, this is only the base for another recipe that I made.

I have a question about this Challenge...I'm not sure to find pomegranate in this period, thus I'm wondering if I can post a recipe which I've already posted on last October...if not absolutely no problem of course :)

I have a question about this Challenge...I'm not sure to find pomegranate in this period, thus I'm wondering if I can post a recipe which I've already posted on last October...if not absolutely no problem of course :)
If it's in the recipes forum area, then you can't use it for the competition, even it it wasn't used for another Challenge; see my post above for a recipe I posted previously that I wished I could have used for this competition. But, if it's NOT on Cooking Bites anywhere, then it's perfectly okay to use a recipe you're not able to make now.

If it's in the recipes forum area, then you can't use it for the competition, even it it wasn't used for another Challenge; see my post above for a recipe I posted previously that I wished I could have used for this competition. But, if it's NOT on Cooking Bites anywhere, then it's perfectly okay to use a recipe you're not able to make now.

That's correct. The Spice Challenge does allow previously posted recipes but not the Recipe Challenge. But strangely enough @MypinchofItaly the pomegranate I bought recently is from Sicily! The website for the one I bought (Natoora) says they are in season November to January.

Last edited:
That's correct. The Spice Challenge does allow previously posted recipes but not the Recipe Challenge. But strangely enough @MypinchofItaly the pomegranate I bought recently is from Sicily! The website for the one I bought (Natoora) says they are in season November to January.

In the northern hemisphere, all the way to February, southern hemisphere, March to May. So it is conceivable that if your local stores import, that you could find them until May.

mmm, I haven't found them here, only in bottle juice

Back
Top Bottom