The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Pomegranate

Pomegranate Chicken with Sweet Potato and Jalapeño

fullsizeoutput_2a7b.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pomegranate preserves are combined with rose petal preserves here and are very common in upscale hotels and gourmet shops ..

The are combined with oven fresh out of the oven croissants in upscale café bakeries too ..

I have a question about this Challenge...I'm not sure to find pomegranate in this period, thus I'm wondering if I can post a recipe which I've already posted on last October...if not absolutely no problem of course :)

@MypinchofItaly

I have a little suggestion .. I do not know the exact récipe that you posted some time ago, however, could it be renovated with some ingredient changes ?

Pomegranate preserves are common in Spain and often combined with rose petal preserves .. They are often combined with fresh out of the oven croissants in upscale café - bakeries ..

Could you renovate your récipe perhaps using pomegrante preserves ? I believe Eataly may have pomegrante preserves ..

I also saw a fantastic Moroccan Salad employing pomegranate seeds on T.V. this evening .. It was incredibly impressive with some tropical fruits, fennel, rocket and radicchio ..

Hope you are feeling better ..

Goodnight ..

@MypinchofItaly

I have a little suggestion .. I do not know the exact récipe that you posted some time ago, however, could it be renovated with some ingredient changes ?

Pomegranate preserves are common in Spain and often combined with rose petal preserves .. They are often combined with fresh out of the oven croissants in upscale café - bakeries ..

Could you renovate your récipe perhaps using pomegrante preserves ? I believe Eataly may have pomegrante preserves ..

I also saw a fantastic Moroccan Salad employing pomegranate seeds on T.V. this evening .. It was incredibly impressive with some tropical fruits, fennel, rocket and radicchio ..

Hope you are feeling better ..

Goodnight ..

Thank you for your suggestion @Francesca, tomorrow it will be the local market near to my office and if I have time, I'll go to take a look. At least, pomegranate juice, I have a recipe on my mind :)

Tomorrow is February 1st and that means that there's just over a week to post Pomegranate recipes for this challenge. So far my job is easy with only two entries in the challenge. :cool: I'm drooling with anticipation regarding the posts I haven't seen yet.

At least one or two more coming up from me. @SatNavSaysStraightOn usually enters but her internet has been down for the last few weeks. @epicuric @Yorky, @Herbie, @Sandra @Elawin - have any of you got some ideas up your sleeve? And @Frizz1974, I could have sworn I'd seen you using pomegranate seeds to great effect in the past! :happy:

@medtran49 & @CraigC should enter this challenge even if they do not like Pomegranate. They have amazing culinary skills.
:p:

I've been very impressed by their skills too. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the seeds but the juice is another dimension which I do like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom