The CookingBites recipe challenge: processed canned/tinned luncheon meat

I was going to fire up the pellet smoker yesterday for a final entry with my last can of SPAM. I was too busy yesterday, and it is 29F/-2C outside today.

CD

You keep reminding me that it does get cold in Texas...it's not sunshine and air conditioning all year round. Ted Cruz knew that when he made his "family trip" to Cancun a few years ago.

You keep reminding me that it does get cold in Texas...it's not sunshine and air conditioning all year round. Ted Cruz knew that when he made his "family trip" to Cancun a few years ago.

Yep, he's still referred to as "Cancun Cruz" here *. :laugh:

CD

* For those outside of the US who may not be familiar... When the deadly "Big Freeze" hit Texas in February of 2021, Texas Senator Ted Cruz ran off to Cancun to get away from the storm.

CD

I was going to fire up the pellet smoker yesterday for a final entry with my last can of SPAM. I was too busy yesterday, and it is 29F/-2C outside today.

CD
This made me laugh…we regularly barbecue in the snow. My husband loves barbecuing when it’s as cold as possible out!

I have been so very very busy lately, as I've finally gotten back a good part of my strength and have been wanting to restock our larder.

I gotta tell y’all, I thought that I had made a dire mistake in deeming Spam® as this round of CB’s Recipe Challenge ingredient. Even with including Vegan/Plant-based options, it sure seemed to be a hard uphill ride.

I was so very impressed that straight out of the gate, SatNavSaysStraightOn come out with guns blazin'!
Vegan Spam® Musubi.
Now that looks so much like the meat version, I would put it to any local from Hawaii to tell me that that dish is anything but the OG!!

For me, honorable mention goes to TastyReuben for inventing the dish name of Speviled Eggs. Have you looked that up yet? There is no such word, and I like it!!!

caseydog even my Dearest Husband liked your Quiche, and he's not a big fan, "I'd eat that" :laugh:

vernplum I liked the one-two punch of Spam® Fries and Fried Rice - you went right for my jugular!

The Late Night Gourmet your two "local style" dishes with some great twists to them were amazing. Actually, Spam® would be found in many a Poke Bowls in Hawaii. And your take on our beloved Loco Moco would fare well in an up-scale restaurant on any Island.

I would like to share all these dishes with my friends and family back home in Hawaii, they would go crazy for them. And yes, Spam® is huge in Hawaii, as in other States/Territories of the USA and Countries.

In total, we had 11 entries from 5 different community members. I so appreciate you folks, thank you!
I must say, I already had similar dishes saved in my online recipe-box. I plan on making several of them.

But down to the thick of it... the CookingBites Recipe Challenge featuring Spam® goes to vernplum for his Mini Spam® Cassoulet. What a great way to incorporate Spam® into a dish. I will be making this for myself, soon.

Once again, I want to thank everyone who indulged me, y'all know how much I love me my Spam® ... heh! I've only got three cans left, what happened here?

I have been so very very busy lately, as I've finally gotten back a good part of my strength and have been wanting to restock our larder.

I gotta tell y’all, I thought that I had made a dire mistake in deeming Spam® as this round of CB’s Recipe Challenge ingredient. Even with including Vegan/Plant-based options, it sure seemed to be a hard uphill ride.

I was so very impressed that straight out of the gate, SatNavSaysStraightOn come out with guns blazin'!
Vegan Spam® Musubi.
Now that looks so much like the meat version, I would put it to any local from Hawaii to tell me that that dish is anything but the OG!!

For me, honorable mention goes to TastyReuben for inventing the dish name of Speviled Eggs. Have you looked that up yet? There is no such word, and I like it!!!

caseydog even my Dearest Husband liked your Quiche, and he's not a big fan, "I'd eat that" :laugh:

vernplum I liked the one-two punch of Spam® Fries and Fried Rice - you went right for my jugular!

The Late Night Gourmet your two "local style" dishes with some great twists to them were amazing. Actually, Spam® would be found in many a Poke Bowls in Hawaii. And your take on our beloved Loco Moco would fare well in an up-scale restaurant on any Island.

I would like to share all these dishes with my friends and family back home in Hawaii, they would go crazy for them. And yes, Spam® is huge in Hawaii, as in other States/Territories of the USA and Countries.

In total, we had 11 entries from 5 different community members. I so appreciate you folks, thank you!
I must say, I already had similar dishes saved in my online recipe-box. I plan on making several of them.

But down to the thick of it... the CookingBites Recipe Challenge featuring Spam® goes to vernplum for his Mini Spam® Cassoulet. What a great way to incorporate Spam® into a dish. I will be making this for myself, soon.

Once again, I want to thank everyone who indulged me, y'all know how much I love me my Spam® ... heh! I've only got three cans left, what happened here?

Oh wow thank you very much for selecting my recipe! :hyper:

Well done to all the other honorable mentions too - they all looked delicious! :wave:

Congrats vernplum, that’s an excellent entry. It reminded me of a video of Jacques Pepin making a weeknight cassoulet using a hot dog.

It sounds like you’re on your way to picking the next ingredient. Once that’s done, we’ll get the next challenge set up.

Back
Top Bottom