The CookingBites recipe challenge: processed canned/tinned luncheon meat

I’m really struggling to get motivated here. I’ve got some ideas, but I just can’t get started with it. I’ve even got the ingredients for something, but we just stare at each other every time I open the fridge.

I did watch a video of a guy who made s’mores with SPAM - how he failed to call them SP’ores, idk - but I think that may have traumatized me a little. Graham crackers, chocolate, marshmallows…and SPAM? I didn’t work for me.

I’m really struggling to get motivated here. I’ve got some ideas, but I just can’t get started with it. I’ve even got the ingredients for something, but we just stare at each other every time I open the fridge.

I did watch a video of a guy who made s’mores with SPAM - how he failed to call them SP’ores, idk - but I think that may have traumatized me a little. Graham crackers, chocolate, marshmallows…and SPAM? I didn’t work for me.

:sick:

Felt the same way when Castle (series lead character) made a smorelette.

IF I could get hold of any, which I can't, I'd be thinking what goes well with pork and ham.
So I'd be thinking pineapple, apricots, peaches, apples,... sage, mustard, piccalilli, coconut,tamarind?

IF I could get hold of any, which I can't, I'd be thinking what goes well with pork and ham.
So I'd be thinking pineapple, apricots, peaches, apples,... sage, mustard, piccalilli, coconut,tamarind?

I bought three cans of lower sodium SPAM... and a can of pineapple. I bought some other things, too. I have some things planned.

CD

Welp my wife’s grocery delivery turned up with these guys so I guess I’d better think of sumthin’:

IMG_4127.jpeg

They do have these rather unnecessary plastic caps which isn’t super environmentally friendly:

IMG_4162.jpeg

Welp my wife’s grocery delivery turned up with these guys so I guess I’d better think of sumthin’:

View attachment 108834

They do have these rather unnecessary plastic caps which isn’t super environmentally friendly:

View attachment 108835
That’s so you don’t have to eat it all in one go. Snap that cap back on there and keep it…fresh? 😉

kaneohegirlinaz - I need a little SPAMeister guidance (and anyone else who cares to chime in, of course).

I have a recipe that uses ground up ham and ground pork. It’s also flavored up with some dried spices, like ginger.

I’d like to substitute in some SPAM, which as we know, is already flavored/spiced, so I’ve got some trepidation in how to change the recipe to allow for the SPAM. Do I just eliminate all the other seasoning bits and just let the SPAM carry the dish? Do I cut it back by half?

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

I'd agree with karadekoolaid. The only thing I'd hold back on would be salt. In fact, because Spam has quite a strong salty taste you might want to up the quantity of spice rather than hold back.

Ok, I’ve got my next one planned, shooting for Sunday. It’s not all that adventurous, but I’ve got the SPAM, so I’ve got to get a move on.

Back
Top Bottom