The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next time a heavy rain is predicted, take what laundry you have, pin it to the line, drizzle a bit of detergent on the shoulders/waist/etc and let the rain suds it up to wash, then rinse away. Saves you the bother of washing in the first place.
We have a 90% chance of heavy rain today. Too bad, I just did laundry Monday.

-4C is forecast overnight. When we got home at 6:30pm it was already 0C. It's going to test how well I have done burying that pipe. There's no way it isn't going to be cold tonight.

Mind you there was the most stunning earth shadow at sunset this evening. Probably a a result of the burnings (prescribed, that's the term they use here and they've taken to putting up notices now to warn drivers about it) that happened this afternoon.
Is that air temperature or ground though. Either way you should be able to see where you dug. It'll stand out from the rest.

The next time a heavy rain is predicted, take what laundry you have, pin it to the line, drizzle a bit of detergent on the shoulders/waist/etc and let the rain suds it up to wash, then rinse away. Saves you the bother of washing in the first place.

Had I know it was going to rain then I would have :laugh:

With a pair of secateurs and a hand saw the buddleah in our back garden didn't stand a chance.
:ohmy:
671114.gif
:cry:

I wonder if the same thing would work for the washing up ?
As in, when you shower? I don't know, in spite of the fact that every time we have a heavy rain at night I've prompted my hubby to take his shampoo and soap outside and test my theory. So far, he hasn't taken me up on my request.

As in, when you shower? I don't know, in spite of the fact that every time we have a heavy rain at night I've prompted my hubby to take his shampoo and soap outside and test my theory. So far, he hasn't taken me up on my request.
Oh Lynne,
So far the 10% is still here.

I wish mosquitoes did!
Well now, what you do is find someone that mosquitoes like better than you.
We went to my mom's last year. The mosquitos liked hubby better than me. The dog promptly realized this fact. Needless to say the dog decided I was the only one that could take him outside.

I was having dinner with a colleague of mine in allegedly the largest restaurant in the world in Bangkok (it wasn't of course but it was pretty big). The eating areas are built on stilts over a lake (the food is delivered by waiters/waitresses on roller skates). We were both dressed appropriately but he was bitten many times and I not once (as far as I knew).

[I believe the largest restaurant in the world is now in Damascus, Syria].

Is that air temperature or ground though. Either way you should be able to see where you dug. It'll stand out from the rest.
That's a good question. this is Australia and the BOM. I honestly have no idea. I guess it is probably ground because things are often frozen at ground level... but is it ground level at the Airport, I suspect it is and that simply means it is usually colder here. plus my thermometer which matches the AP and our car (incidentally) is in a sheltered location rather than where the pipes are which is much more exposed and frequently white when the area around the house isn't. I know it is cold when the pond is frozen over and the pond is a meter from the veranda if that.

-4C is cold enough to freeze the automated waterer's water totally solid... and also to put a layer of ice on the water inside the chook house which is locked up completely and has a very thick wooden floor. It was frozen again this morning, I expect it will be again tonight. The place usually has a good hoar frost across everything and I can guage how cold it is by simply seeing how far up the mountainside the frost comes. By the end of next week we are due to be back to Zero overnight... I've another night of -4C, then three or four at -3C, then -2C and so on, but it will all change... the only thing I can say is that it is sunny and cold, but the clothes still come in dry off the washing line despite the temp not getting into double figures here today!

right I need to do a log run and its going dark. I'm late. I usualy do it first thing in the morning, but other matters got in the way today.

My wife uses different shampoo than I do. About 4 different ones.

I've concluded that the shower soap that I use is perfectly adequate for hair so we now don't need to buy the fifth bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom