The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you are staying safe in the freezing temperatures @SatNavSaysStraightOn
I am thank you.

You do seem and to have a lot of inspections.
We are meant to have one every quarter. It is company policy. This is the 3rd one. We have been here 11 months.
the staff are trying hard to get company policy changed. They know who they need to keep inspecting and who they don't need to. We have been told we fall in the latter group!

Would you believe Ian Hunter Patterson is 78 years old today?

ih3.jpg

Huh, I never knew he had a last-last name. I only know of him as "Ian Hunter", writer of that great anthem of my hometown. :love: "Cleveland Rocks" has been a staple back home for decades and even to today.

Not such a lovely morning here in London...for anyone who has tuned into the news...

I wish I could click "not like" that, creative. Are you and yours OK?

I wish I could click "not like" that, creative. Are you and yours OK?
Yes thanks. I live in the outerskirts of the city and, being a semi recluse, I didn't even go out yesterday evening!

How is it that Allah being defined as all merciful can be so distorted that such atrocities are committed, supposedly in his name, by the brainwashed and deluded? Unbelievable!
780422031.gif

Yes thanks. I live in the outerskirts of the city and, being a semi recluse, I didn't even go out yesterday evening!

How is it that Allah being defined as all merciful can be so distorted that such atrocities are committed, supposedly in his name, by the brainwashed and deluded? Unbelievable!
780422031.gif

Well, let's be honest, a lot of Catholics and Christians over the centuries haven't exactly been sweetness and light. Some people distort religion in their damaged angry minds and prey in the vulnerable regardless of which god they worship.

Well, let's be honest, a lot of Catholics and Christians over the centuries haven't exactly been sweetness and light. Some people distort religion in their damaged angry minds and prey in the vulnerable regardless of which god they worship.

I agree with you wholeheartedly - however, the majority of the said Christians have become more civilised (a word I use sparingly) of late. Still bigots though.

Yes it's a question of degree though isn't it? Beheading innocent people is extreme - let alone killing innocent civilians with bombs!....

True and a common argument but so were the Romans the Mongols the Vikings the Chinese, in fact almost anyone you care to name - but the rest of the world has moved on, a long way on - what was done two three or even ten centuries ago doesn't really justify in any way the slaughter of innocent people now and nor should it be allowed to do so

Another cold start to the day -4C. Last night it was -1C at 9pm and it was only forecast to drop to -2C. I said to my husband that there was no way it was only going to drop 1C in the space of 8 hours with clear skies and wonderful stars. They still fascinate me. I love the fact that I can see the milky way without my eyes even needing to adjust to the darkness. Once my eyes have started to adjust, you can even see the dark areas in the Milky Way.

Yesterday was spent in the garden (again). Saturday had been spent updating my blog. Something I have to continue with this afternoon whilst cooking a Shaker Lemon Pie. It was all hands to the chook house and enclosure again. Now that I can't keep my chooks safe free ranging, we need to make their enclosure more secure for when they are in it (when one of us is not around) and also they are using the chook house a lot more now (probably because of the cold) but since we fitted the automated door, we are not opening the double doors as much, so we have been scrounging clear corrugated plastic - usually from the tip. 2 sheets of plastic make for 1 new window in the chook house. We are replacing the old stuff rather than making new windows, so all you have to do is remove the old stuff which is no longer see through and brittle as anything and put in the new stuff.... sounds easy. only when I tried to do it, having moved the ladders from the barn to the chook house - ladders I can't actually carry only drag because they are too heavy for me, then climbed up on to the roof (once it was dry and not icy!) and low and behold I can't do it because the top row of nails which anchors everything is beyond my height even with my arms extended and using a hammer.... yep, that idea failed, so the job had to be moved to my husband's list...

So whilst he got on with that, I got on with moving the fencing he had put up for me on the inside of the chook enclosure. The problem being that foxes can climb and use horizontal pieces of wood as aids to jumping over a fence. His argument was that the fox wouldn't be able to get out. The problem is that foxes kill out of their very nature, they don't just take 1 or 2 chooks, they kill as many as they can/all of them, then they take the bodies away... so trapping on in the chook enclosure is not a good move. So the fencing needs to be moved from the inside to the outside because the enclosure for some reason was built the other way around (presumably because it was designed for strength against cattle when the horse ranch was converted to a cattle ranch). My husband had opted for the easier option of fencing the inside along the smooth surface rather than the harder side.

Today will be spent catching up here, cooking, giving a couple of rather mucky chicks their very first bath! (what fun) and updating my blog... again. Plus I have some online shopping ot get done.

Completely out of character I had a shave today even though I wasn't going out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom