The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a great fan of James Martin. He trained as a pastry cook which you would never guess - until you see him making a dessert. Saturday Kitchen is not the same without him.
Yes, judging by his knife skills you would think 'pastry chef' either! Apparently he holds the world record for peeling and chopping carrots. Also the world record for the most bra's removed single handedly in one minute. (Not quite sure whether to believe that one though) :ninja:

Yes, judging by his knife skills you would think 'pastry chef' either! Apparently he holds the world record for peeling and chopping carrots. Also the world record for the most bra's removed single handedly in one minute. (Not quite sure whether to believe that one though) :ninja:
Wondering what size bras? Front or back hooks? Sorry made me giggle. Smaller bras take less effort. No, I am not going to google to check that fact on the bras since I really don't want those ads. No need to answer the first two as I was being sarcastic.

While ago, I was entering my cookbooks into Google sheets. I was using the microphone. I then heard what sounded like a person knocking on my back door. Went to the back door, no one was there but heard the knocking again. Looked down. It was the two cats hitting the bottom panel of the door. I acknowledged them and they laid down.

One of the guys at our place called in sick today! Every month the day after we get paid he calls in sick, he doesn't seem to realise we all know! :facepalm:

As I understand it, BINGO in the UK (which uses numbers) is different than it is in the US (which uses letters and numbers). But, the BINGO part isn't important. If you have to be on conference calls as part of your job, what you see below should sound familiar. I found this on LinkedIn, and it made me laugh.

Conference Call BINGO.jpeg

One of the guys at our place called in sick today! Every month the day after we get paid he calls in sick, he doesn't seem to realise we all know! :facepalm:

A while back, I worked for an IT company and one of my colleagues was a woman whose name was Ruth. She was a perfectly pleasant person with whom I got on very well. She did, however, take a day of sick leave every single month. We used to say, with coruscating wit, that those were the days on which we were Ruthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom