The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This afternoon we are taking part in the HSBC-formally SKY-ride, we are going as part of the local pub Sunday velo club, the landlord and landlady are laying on beer, burgers and live music for when we get back, everyone is welcome so hopefully it will be a good turnout :thumbsup:

Our neighbour has so many security lights it can resemble Blackpool round here sometimes.
I have two tall lights right opposite my bedroom window, one tall and two short ones a little further along, which still shine into my bedroom window, and two at the back of the house. That's apart from the ones on the main roads surrounding our tiny estate. When the streetlights used to be orange, there was no problem, but now they are those horrible halogen things, and of course they are on all night in all the roads. And that's apart from the security lights that are on all night at the disabled people's home and the old people's complexes, and anywhere else you care to think of - Blackpool illuminations do not come into it. Complaining to the Council did not help - they told me to buy thicker curtains! That's the reason why I have decamped downstairs to sleep - our garages are built in front of our houses so block out the lights (in my case) from all but one directly across the road. On the good side, the people who run the disabled home directly across the road put less bright lights in after one of them came across to my house and saw how bright their lights were; and the people in the elderly people's bungalow across the road turned their outside lights off when they realised the problem, and now only use them if absolutely necessary.

I am currently taking no end of abuse from The Royal Bank of Scotland (AKA NatWest) about my account with them in the Isle of Man. Can you believe the gall of them writing to me to ask for certified proof of my address? I've been a customer for 22 years now and 17 of those years I have had the same address. They have sent me bank statements, internet banking information, card readers (2 No), cards for said card readers (2 No), passwords, check books, CPI requests, confirmations of transactions, etc. Is it me being unreasonable.

[RBS/NW: one of the major contributors to the worst financial collapse in the West for 80 years.]

I have two tall lights right opposite my bedroom window, one tall and two short ones a little further along, which still shine into my bedroom window, and two at the back of the house. That's apart from the ones on the main roads surrounding our tiny estate. When the streetlights used to be orange, there was no problem, but now they are those horrible halogen things, and of course they are on all night in all the roads. And that's apart from the security lights that are on all night at the disabled people's home and the old people's complexes, and anywhere else you care to think of - Blackpool illuminations do not come into it. Complaining to the Council did not help - they told me to buy thicker curtains! That's the reason why I have decamped downstairs to sleep - our garages are built in front of our houses so block out the lights (in my case) from all but one directly across the road. On the good side, the people who run the disabled home directly across the road put less bright lights in after one of them came across to my house and saw how bright their lights were; and the people in the elderly people's bungalow across the road turned their outside lights off when they realised the problem, and now only use them if absolutely necessary.

Blimey!

We sleep in the back bedroom due to a street light at the end of our front garden and our neighbours front security light that goes on and off at the merest whisper if a breeze (how they sleep with that going on is beyond me) also they used to have an electric garage door which took ages to open and close and made the most horrendous grinding noisy and it vibrated throughout the house, thankfully that has been replaced but we are staying in the back room and yes we have thick black out curtains.

I am currently taking no end of abuse from The Royal Bank of Scotland (AKA NatWest) about my account with them in the Isle of Man. Can you believe the gall of them writing to me to ask for certified proof of my address? I've been a customer for 22 years now and 17 of those years I have had the same address. They have sent me bank statements, internet banking information, card readers (2 No), cards for said card readers (2 No), passwords, check books, CPI requests, confirmations of transactions, etc. Is it me being unreasonable.

[RBS/NW: one of the major contributors to the worst financial collapse in the West for 80 years.]
I have banked with NatWest (and previously National Provincial Bank) since I left school and have not had any problems. Their service went down the pan when RBS first took them over, but has improved greatly in the last few years. However, can't say anything about their IoM branches. As the IoM is not part of the UK or even the EU, maybe their rules and regulations are different.

Blimey!

We sleep in the back bedroom due to a street light at the end of our front garden and our neighbours front security light that goes on and off at the merest whisper if a breeze (how they sleep with that going on is beyond me) also they used to have an electric garage door which took ages to open and close and made the most horrendous grinding noisy and it vibrated throughout the house, thankfully that has been replaced but we are staying in the back room and yes we have thick black out curtains.
The curtains in my front bedroom are thick, lined velvet.....

I love going to my daughter's house. They live on a main road into the town, but apart from the odd light left on during the night, the street is pitch black all night.

I have banked with NatWest (and previously National Provincial Bank) since I left school and have not had any problems. Their service went down the pan when RBS first took them over, but has improved greatly in the last few years. However, can't say anything about their IoM branches. As the IoM is not part of the UK or even the EU, maybe their rules and regulations are different.

My address is in Thailand. The bank is NatWest International and they suspect me of money laundering and/or funding terrorism. Approximately £460.00 p.m is deposited in there and this originates from the DWP.

This afternoon we are taking part in the HSBC-formally SKY-ride, we are going as part of the local pub Sunday velo club, the landlord and landlady are laying on beer, burgers and live music for when we get back, everyone is welcome so hopefully it will be a good turnout :thumbsup:

Whilst it's only remotely connected but do the "treasure hunts" still operate in England? Wandering about in your vehicle looking for previously defined clues whilst causing traffic snarl-ups and then piling into the pub for snap and a few beers?

My address is in Thailand. The bank is NatWest International ......
That is probably why then. My late brother had an account with the Bank of Australasia and getting his money out of that was difficult. I once had a savings account with a Swiss Bank and withdrawing money was like getting blood out of a stone. I got help and advice from RBS and the Financial Services ombudsman to deal with them, and closed the account altogether. The only downside was that nowhere else seemed to be able to come anywhere near their interest rates.

My address is in Thailand. The bank is NatWest International and they suspect me of money laundering and/or funding terrorism. Approximately £460.00 p.m is deposited in there and this originates from the DWP.
DWP going through a tricky spell!

Apparently NatWest International appear to suspect them of nefarious activities.
That's right if you were born too early to get the new state pension - nearly £40 difference between the old and the new, and contrary to popular belief not everyone on the old rate is eligible for any additional benefits to make up the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom