The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DWP going through a tricky spell!

I emailed NatWest International and asked them to send me a statement of account by post. As one of their acceptable documents for verification of address is a "Financial Statement from a recognised and reputable bank" I shall then send it back to them (the original so there will be no need for verification).

We got in the truck this morning and the cab stunk. I immediately thought dead rat/mouse. I opened the bonnet and there was a sliver of soap on the top of the air filter casing (it had previously been where one of the the outside taps was used for washing hands after gardening). My wife reckons that a mouse/rat had carried it up there although there was no sign of one now.

Does anyone know if it's normal for mice/rats to have a penchant for soap?

...Keep an eye on/open for Niribu.
Eh, if we go, we go. At least I can die knowing my house is clean...at least the downstairs. What I like to call the "public area". When we get back from traveling around, then I shall tackle the upstairs like a woman on a mission. Unless, you know, I can think of something that will be more fun...

We stayed up until 11.30 to see the meteor shower, not a peep :headshake:
They were predicting about 50 meteors an hour, saying it was going to be one of the better years. Not all are visible, though. You need to drive to a very dark location for best viewing. Years ago we laid out on our deck to watch the Perseids, and I danged near froze to death even though it's the middle of August! Didn't see many that year, and we had a very dark neighborhood. It's been too hazy and a bit overcast here to see much of anything this year. Hubby has spent the last couple of nights popping in and out of the house looking up. Not good enough viewing to bother.

It seems the fall I took yesterday after doing my physio by myself (as you do over the weekend) has delayed my discharge from hospital. I have a feeling that I'm not going to get discharged this week. :cry:
Oh noes! Do you need all of us to head down there to give you a big group hug? Hang in there, it has to get better.

I emailed NatWest International and asked them to send me a statement of account by post. As one of their acceptable documents for verification of address is a "Financial Statement from a recognised and reputable bank" I shall then send it back to them (the original so there will be no need for verification).

Response (which passed in the "post"):

"I have taken note you do not receive paper statements from us but my main suggestion is to have one sent out to you. This will not be required to be certified if this is the original document that is sent back to us."

Are these people real?

Response (which passed in the "post"):

"I have taken note you do not receive paper statements from us but my main suggestion is to have one sent out to you. This will not be required to be certified if this is the original document that is sent back to us."

Are these people real?
Sounds right, nowt wrong with the request.

Eh, if we go, we go. At least I can die knowing my house is clean... at least the downstairs. What I like to call the "public area". When we get back from traveling around, then I shall tackle the upstairs like a woman on a mission. Unless, you know, I can think of something that will be more fun...
It's a planet "closing in" during the eclipse.

Must be a fast car you have!

If you are anything like we are that would be absolutely anything at all - anything !!!:scratchhead:
Me too. I absolutely loathe housework in any shape or form! I am thinking of getting a cleaner - but I'd have to clean up first as I think they would run a mile.

But I have found a gardener recently. He is a retired bloke who wants to keep busy. He can do all the heavy work I can't manage (and all the weeding etc. which I hate). Its an expense but I think its worth it at my age. He charges £10 an hour and has transformed my garden after several 3 hour sessions. I think now I can just have him for 6 - 8 hours a month and my garden will stay looking OK. Yes, I know that's £s a month - but since my son has gone vegan and we are all eating vegan 5 nights a week, I'm saving loads of money on food shopping!

Last edited:
On my way home from work I walked behind 2 teenage girls, it was amusing at first, both clearly thought they were something special. One of them had the hanging loop on the inside of her tshirt hanging out under her armpit and she waddled like a duck, I had had enough after a short while because there was so much rubbish coming out of their mouths it was unreal. Teenagers today :rolleyes: :facepalm:

On my way home from work I walked behind 2 teenage girls, it was amusing at first, both clearly thought they were something special. One of them had the hanging loop on the inside of her tshirt hanging out under her armpit and she waddled like a duck, I had had enough after a short while because there was so much rubbish coming out of their mouths it was unreal. Teenagers today :rolleyes: :facepalm:

You must be getting old @Lullabelle! :D

This evening we were at our local for the monthly cheese club, got off to a bit of a rocky start

IMG_-4jgyzc.jpg

Ended up really good
IMG_-2dw2ci.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom