The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is windy, bitterly cold with rain showers, the front door is locked and won't be opened again until tomorrow morning. :cold:
I opened my front door at 6 to get the milk in. That was enough for me, and it's not raining here. Even the mutt only moved to get his chicken for lunch and then nip out in the garden; he decided against breakfast after I let the cold air in, and he's been on the sofa curled up in a duvet all the rest of the time.

My heart goes out to all of you. Opened the windows a crack last night. Low of 40 F. Lit the gas fireplace for a few minutes this a.m. just to remove the morning chill. 12 p.m. - blue skies, sun is shining, low humidity, a very nice 68 degrees. A day of loveliness. I do not own a heavy coat. A few sweaters, windbreakers, light weight jackets. Scarves and gloves. My heaviest outer wear is a lined pleather jacket. OOPS - I do still have a heavy camo coat from my Navy days. I love boots - both short and tall. I wear them frequently during the cooler months. I usually layer. The day may start out on the chilly side then quickly warm up. I can remove layers as the day warms.

Sorry - rubbing salt in a wound for those of you living in cold places.

My heart goes out to all of you. Opened the windows a crack last night. Low of 40 F. Lit the gas fireplace for a few minutes this a.m. just to remove the morning chill. 12 p.m. - blue skies, sun is shining, low humidity, a very nice 68 degrees. A day of loveliness. I do not own a heavy coat. A few sweaters, windbreakers, light weight jackets. Scarves and gloves. My heaviest outer wear is a lined pleather jacket. OOPS - I do still have a heavy camo coat from my Navy days. I love boots - both short and tall. I wear them frequently during the cooler months. I usually layer. The day may start out on the chilly side then quickly warm up. I can remove layers as the day warms.

Sorry - rubbing salt in a wound for those of you living in cold places.

:bookworm:

:wink:

Seems to be much colder down your way overnight SNSSO. I've put my house plants outside and was a little panicked but the lowest we've had is 4 degrees C.

We are having a foggy start today but the sun is struggling to come out.

Yep, we had the nights in a row this week with temperatures down at 2C or 3C... Even the night forecast as 7C turned out to be 2C! But this next week is all double figures overnight now... and daytime temps of 27-29C are going to come as a shock to the system...

I'm also trying to arrange a visit to Sydney to see some friends. I must do I before it gets too warm there!

remembrance.jpg

Seriously cold but bright - looks great until you dare to venture outdoors :cold:.
On a brighter note it's good old fashioned roast dinner tonight - Roast pork parsnips roast potatoes the lot - magic :hungry:
Also a new french bistro has opened up in the next village [a bit odd in rural Durham but hey ho] so we're going to give it a try next week - time for a meal out for two :happy:

Been working outside again.... I want to know why any gardening here in Australia involves the use of a crowbar? any time you need to dig a hole, no wonder the ground does not absorb water!

I'm slowly starting to get the garden to look nice...

DSC_2243.JPG

Just the remaining 5 acres to deal with... :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom