The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Husband has strict rules about jigsaws so we can't look at the picture. It used to annoy me but it does make more of the puzzle.
This is the 3d one we did over the new year weekend...

Last edited:
Horrible day forecast.
It starts off ok at 14C overnight. That's good. It's 6C less than forecast so we got some sleep, but it is already over 25C and not even 8:45am. It's due to hit 40C today.
:(

My late cousin often used to tell us what the temperatures in Saudi were from day to day. They ranged from 15C to 50+C depending on the time of year. At present the temperature in Riyadh (where he lived) is 20C, which they would consider as very cold. He had plenty of work as a central heating engineer :giggle:

It is 0 here at eight in the morning. I have no immediate plans to leave the warm comfort of my duvet.
It's nearly 10pm and despite a thunderstorm (with no rain but definite cold front) it is still above 28C outside. I honestly have no plans to go anywhere near my quilt, winter, autumn or summer weight!

:(

My late cousin often used to tell us what the temperatures in Saudi were from day to day. They ranged from 15C to 50+C depending on the time of year. At present the temperature in Riyadh (where he lived) is 20C, which they would consider as very cold. He had plenty of work as a central heating engineer :giggle:
We had to giggle this morning because we are breakfast outside wrapped up like there was no tomorrow. It was over 20C and we were actually cold! Eating our evening meal we commented on how despite the fact that it was still above 30C we both felt cold because less than an hour or two previously it had been above 40C! It's quite amazing how quickly you adapt but I don't think 50C is on the cards for me! It's the humidity or lack of right now that's the killer. My guage on the weather station only reads to 25-95% but still spends most of the day showing LL which means it is below 25% humidity.

Well, back to normality after the Christmas coughs and colds which meant only a small number of people showed up for our Boxing Day food fest. I did the complete meat, fish, vegetarian and vegan buffet, but alas ended with most of it left over.
Yesterday I completed the new staircase I've been busy working on with a coat of varnish, so just got the wallpapering to do. A mammoth task of three months but at last I can see the finishing line.
Then back to the winter soup production, for which I've had requests for; Carrot and coriander, leek and potato, sweet potato and coconut, spring vegetable, and finally cream of onion. I normally have about 24 Kilner jars of various sizes filled to last until May-June time.

I have had a bad cold since Thursday. Yesterday I had no energy, feeling better today thankfully, just keep taking the meds.

We know quite a few people who were ill over Christmas so we have been lucky.

Yesterday I completed the new staircase I've been busy working on with a coat of varnish, so just got the wallpapering to do. A mammoth task of three months but at last I can see the finishing line.
Building a staircase - that really does sound ambitious!

Then back to the winter soup production, for which I've had requests for; Carrot and coriander, leek and potato, sweet potato and coconut, spring vegetable, and finally cream of onion. I normally have about 24 Kilner jars of various sizes filled to last until May-June time.

They all sound lovely - perhaps you could post some up as Recipes on the forum? :)

I have a very large moth flying around the sun room and laundry room. It's bigger than a small bird and a touch disconcerting tbh! Is a good thing I know it's a moth. I could easily have mistaken it for a larger UK sized bat! (it is actually bigger than the pipestrel bat which I have rescued and handled whilst I lived in the south of the UK).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom