The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - fill your boots! It should keep for many months if unopened. Keep the red packets for six months and they will turn into the yellow packet variety!

There was only one "vintage" left. That was it.

I don't know the price of cheese in UK these days but those packs of 250 gm here are normally about £5.70 and we paid just under £1.50 each for those.

There was only one "vintage" left. That was it.

I don't know the price of cheese in UK these days but those packs of 250 gm here are normally about £5.70 and we paid just under £1.50 each for those.
Cheddar tends to come in 350g packs and cost about £2.50. So the £5.70 is very expensive in comparison.

Cheddar tends to come in 350g packs and cost about £2.50. So the £5.70 is very expensive in comparison.

I guess it's swings and roundabouts. The prices for local produce is buttons but imported prices can be horrendous. It's a matter of cutting your cloth really. Even my pittance of a pension puts me as middle class here.

For anyone who is intending to apply for a visa to enter the UK please note that It is doubtful that you will be successful if you are or ever have been a terrorist.

terrorist question.jpg

There was also this bag of dok ngiew (Dried Red Cotton Tree Flower). I have no idea how it's cooked or with what - I'll keep my eyes open.

It's soaked in water for about 60 minutes then added to a big pan of boiling water with chopped tomatoes and stir fried finely chopped pork and northern style curry paste - viz:

1 s.jpg

Then serve it up with rice noodles, garnished with chopped spring onions, coriander leaf and fried chopped garlic.

curry s.jpg

I had a letter today from the hospital informing me that my appointment has been cancelled and a new one made. My new appointment is on the exact same day and at the exact same time as my original one :o_o:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom