The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend received a call asking him why he hadn't kept his hospital appointment a few months ago and he replied that he had changed it so that he could visit on the same day as his partner - the individual seemed quite 'put out' and demanded to know who he had spoken to. When he replied 'you' he was told he must be mistaken. Ho Hum

I have today received an "are you still alive" form to complete in order to continue to receive my OAP. I was surprised that bankers and members of the clergy are still considered trustworthy as signatories.

Last Friday we took our wedding rings back to the jeweller we bought them from for a clean and some work doing on my husbands, we went to collect them today only to be told they had been buried under other stuff and hadn't been done so we said ok we will take them back. He said that if we had 10 minutes then he would give them a quick clean, we didn't leave them for a quick clean so no we want them back. If we changed our minds then he would do the work free of charge, don't think so mate :headshake:

...........northern style curry paste...........

My wife received three packs of the curry paste and put two in the freezer (not sure that that is necessary). However, it doesn't freeze solid - it's still soft/pliable (but very cold) after three days. There is no list of ingredients on the pack so I was wondering what ingredient could prevent the freezing.

31 degC today and very overcast hence the 77% humidity. I've not seen the sun all day.

Last Friday we took our wedding rings back to the jeweller we bought them from for a clean and some work doing on my husbands, we went to collect them today only to be told they had been buried under other stuff and hadn't been done so we said ok we will take them back. He said that if we had 10 minutes then he would give them a quick clean, we didn't leave them for a quick clean so no we want them back. If we changed our minds then he would do the work free of charge, don't think so mate :headshake:
Seems a modern disease - nobody does what they say they are going to do anymore - "I'll be there at 2" means between 1 and 3 "an hours job" can take two - I took my gold pocket watch into 3 shops to get a repair done and then after four weeks "can't get the parts anymore" - bah humbug

My wife received three packs of the curry paste and put two in the freezer (not sure that that is necessary). However, it doesn't freeze solid - it's still soft/pliable (but very cold) after three days. There is no list of ingredients on the pack so I was wondering what ingredient could prevent the freezing.

It might be very low in moisture or high in oil. Or a combination of both of those things.

My olive tapenade & my pesto don’t freeze exactly solid.

I took my daughter for a job trial today at a restaurant located inside a native animal sanctuary. I’ve been dozens of times over the last 15 years but just once in the last 2 since they went vegan. I have nothing against vegan food of course but the very word is anathema to my OH & son - my inlaws would be horrified even though my MIL doesn’t enjoy meat or eggs these days.
Daughter would have gone veggo years ago except for bacon & and vegan is out because cheese.

I had a gorgeous macadamia milk flat white when I arrived a few minutes early to collect her. Yum.

Here’s a picture of one of the 12 dingoes on the property.

62200408-2A06-4E00-9DE4-06EAC127A302.jpeg

Most of them are quite shy but a couple of them come right to the fence if you come close.

Last edited:
Seems a modern disease - nobody does what they say they are going to do anymore - "I'll be there at 2" means between 1 and 3 "an hours job" can take two - I took my gold pocket watch into 3 shops to get a repair done and then after four weeks "can't get the parts anymore" - bah humbug

Bearing in mind we originally bought them from him you have thought he would have been a bit more interested

Whoopee. The long awaited holibob is here!

Going over on the boat to Poole later today and overnighting at a Premier Inn in Poole. Tomorrow drive up to Great Yarmouth and stay there for a couple of days. On one of our nights we are booked in to see Showaddywaddy play. Not really my type of music but as they were there it's worth seeing them.
Then a week boating on the Broads. After that back to Dorset and bumble around for four days before heading back to good old Guernsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom