The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my nails done today, they have gel painted on them rather than fake nails applied, 2 different colours because I couldn't decide which I prefer.

I had my nails done today, they have gel painted on them rather than fake nails applied, 2 different colours because I couldn't decide which I prefer.

Does the gel extend the tips? I once had something done which extended the tips. It seriously messed up my real nails.

Does the gel extend the tips? I once had something done which extended the tips. It seriously messed up my real nails.

Nope, just gel is painted on, it is supposed to protect the nails, adding on false ones can do damage which is why I haven't had that done.

Whoopee. The long awaited holibob is here!

Going over on the boat to Poole later today and overnighting at a Premier Inn in Poole. Tomorrow drive up to Great Yarmouth and stay there for a couple of days. On one of our nights we are booked in to see Showaddywaddy play. Not really my type of music but as they were there it's worth seeing them.
Then a week boating on the Broads. After that back to Dorset and bumble around for four days before heading back to good old Guernsey.

Showaddywaddy :headphone: my husband has danced on stage with them many moons ago.

Have a great time :thumbsup:

Nope, just gel is painted on, it is supposed to protect the nails, adding on false ones can do damage which is why I haven't had that done.

Sounds like a good idea. Talking of beauty tricks I've been trialling an eyelash serum. I heard about it on the radio. Apparently it was discovered as a side effect of a drug used to treat diabetes or something. Anyway, it really works. You paint it along the lash line twice a day (takes seconds) and three weeks later you have much thicker lashes. As mine had thinned with age I thought it worth a try. I'm really surprised by the result. You have to keep using it though...

Before:

fullsizeoutput_3924.jpeg

After:

20180426_221419.jpg

No eye make-up in either photo.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea. Talking of beauty tricks I've been trialling an eyelash serum. I heard about it on the radio. Apparently it was discovered as a side effect of a drug used to treat diabetes or something. Anyway, it really works. You paint it along the lash line twice a day (takes seconds) and three weeks later you have much thicker lashes. As mine had thinned with age I thought it worth a try. I'm really surprised by the result. You have to keep using it though...

Before:

View attachment 18933

After:

View attachment 18936

No eye make-up in either photo.

Oh wow, tbh I am wary of the so called wonder fixers but actually that genuinly looks to have worked.

Thing is I am booked in at the salon for 3 weeks time for waxing and my nails done again, I knew she was closing down but she expected to still be around however she informed me today that she was closing next Saturday and would be working from home, do I still want my nails done? I did, she will be a bit of a distance away so tomorrow I am going to call the place I used to go to, hopefully they can fit me in at short notice.

To each their own. I can’t grow my natural nails long enough to bother with polish.

I have had acrylic coatings applied over my natural nails (I never have tips added, just wait out the growing period) for most of the last 25 years. My own nails have always been very thin and despite supplements, oils and hand creams they tear, very painfully, right across.

A few years ago most salons here switched to using the uv set gel paints. They are fantastic. In winter my tech applied temperature colour change gel polish. It’s amazing.

To each their own. I can’t grow my natural nails long enough to bother with polish.

I have had acrylic coatings applied over my natural nails (I never have tips added, just wait out the growing period) for most of the last 25 years. My own nails have always been very thin and despite supplements, oils and hand creams they tear, very painfully, right across.

A few years ago most salons here switched to using the uv set gel paints. They are fantastic. In winter my tech applied temperature colour change gel polish. It’s amazing.

I keep my nails short, just fancied something a bit different. One of my fingernails naturally curves downwards as it grows and breaks easily so hopefully this gel polish will stop it from breaking. Mine are covered with uv set gel but I haven't gone for the co!our changes. My colleague has false nails applied and she sometimes has the colour change polish which are pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom