Things to do with a food processor?

Yeah, I used it to grind meat for burgers before but I found that chunking the beef into cubes and partially freezing them before grinding in the food processor made for a rougher grind. Otherwise one might end up with a meat paste instead. Would probably be great for blending meat into meatloaf though.

I have a meat grinder, but I have also used a food processor for making a small amounts of ground/minced beef.

CD

I have a meat grinder, but I have also used a food processor for making a small amounts of ground/minced beef.

CD
Yeah, I could have gotten the KA meat grinder but we don't eat much meat here. The food processor works nicely for 2 hamburger patties.

I use my blender more often than my food processor, but one thing you can use it for is to make marinades for meats.
For example, my marinade for roast chicken calls for onion, scallions, thyme, a hot pepper (scotch bonnet preferred, but habanero will do), cooking wine/sherry and a dash of soy sauce.

I was gonna get a stand mixer and was about ready to put it in my Amazon cart, but I only saw the basic attachments and not the special ones, like a pasta roller, and I want those, or be able to buy them, but nothing came up when searching for attachments like that for that stand mixer. Even though it was rated one of the highest. That seems like something that would be clearly stated on the page or something. I need a stand mixer with the basic attachments and at least the ability/availability of the special ones as well. I see so many different opinions about stand mixers, especially Kitchen Aid ones, I hear they're the best thing ever and also hear the exact opposite.

I was gonna get a stand mixer and was about ready to put it in my Amazon cart, but I only saw the basic attachments and not the special ones, like a pasta roller, and I want those, or be able to buy them, but nothing came up when searching for attachments like that for that stand mixer. Even though it was rated one of the highest. That seems like something that would be clearly stated on the page or something. I need a stand mixer with the basic attachments and at least the ability/availability of the special ones as well. I see so many different opinions about stand mixers, especially Kitchen Aid ones, I hear they're the best thing ever and also hear the exact opposite.
I've also seen others who don't think KA is the greatest, but I love mine. I've only had it since November though. My husband got it for me on a black Friday deal. I've got the pasta attachment (purchased separately) but haven't used it yet because I had a glut of dried pasta in my pantry I bought on a sale I need to use up first, and we've just not been eating a lot of pasta dishes lately.

I don't use my KA stand mixer a lot, but I've had it for close to 20 years, and I'm happy with it.

That said, there are a lot of times when I can use one of my two food processors to do a similar job, on a smaller scale. Living alone, I use my Cuisinart Mini food processor the most.

CD

I don't use my KA stand mixer a lot, but I've had it for close to 20 years, and I'm happy with it.

That said, there are a lot of times when I can use one of my two food processors to do a similar job, on a smaller scale. Living alone, I use my Cuisinart Mini food processor the most.

CD
Holy shoot! 20 years? I honestly didn't think that anything was built with that quality anymore. Wow. That seems worth it imo

Holy shoot! 20 years? I honestly didn't think that anything was built with that quality anymore. Wow. That seems worth it imo
I’ve had mine as long as well. I haven’t seen any new ones, but the one I have, I use it a couple of times a week, and it’s a workhorse.

We've had our KA for 30 ish years. A just 3 or 4 years younger friend has her mother's KA.

I will say though that the older KAs have all metal gears save 1 hard plastic gear that is there to fail if you overload your machine so you don't burn out the motor. I know this for a fact as I did exactly that with dough for 12, 12 inch or so pizzas. My hubs, CraigC, is one of those people that can take something apart, fix/replace what is wrong, put it back together and it actually works so we know for a fact what is in the inside of our KA. Anyway, point of writing that is that supposedly the newer machines have more of the hard plastic gears, if not all. I don't know if that is true or not.

We have quite a few attachments, all but 1 made by KA. I did buy a pasta roller/cutter in the last year or so from the after market and it works great, and was about half the cost of the KA one.

That is good information medtran49 !!!
I just asked DH when he thinks he bought my KA for me at Christmas and we're guess that it's 27-28 years old.
So I'm hoping that mine is the same, only one plastic part in it.
I'm not as handy as CraigC and would hate to experiment on one of my most expensive pieces of equipment as DH calls them 😊

Back
Top Bottom