Things to do with a food processor?

We've had our KA for 30 ish years. A just 3 or 4 years younger friend has her mother's KA.

I will say though that the older KAs have all metal gears save 1 hard plastic gear that is there to fail if you overload your machine so you don't burn out the motor. I know this for a fact as I did exactly that with dough for 12, 12 inch or so pizzas. My hubs, CraigC, is one of those people that can take something apart, fix/replace what is wrong, put it back together and it actually works so we know for a fact what is in the inside of our KA. Anyway, point of writing that is that supposedly the newer machines have more of the hard plastic gears, if not all. I don't know if that is true or not.

We have quite a few attachments, all but 1 made by KA. I did buy a pasta roller/cutter in the last year or so from the after market and it works great, and was about half the cost of the KA one.
Thanks for the warning! I'll be careful not to overload mine (12 pizzas does sound taxing).

My favorite uses for mine are coleslaw ( I like a nice fine shred), and some nut balls I make with almond butter. Things that are super sticky that would be hard to mix are a cinch in them. Very useful appliance. It's also great for cutting butter into biscuit dough and then mixing a nice wet, sticky dough since that is one of the techniques for fluffy biscuits.

My mom just found me a brand new kitchen aid at Sam's club for $250. I told her to grab it up. That's a great deal. Normally they're almost double that. Does anyone know where to buy the attachments from? Just, like Amazon?

My mom just found me a brand new kitchen aid at Sam's club for $250. I told her to grab it up. That's a great deal. Normally they're almost double that. Does anyone know where to buy the attachments from? Just, like Amazon?
Go straight to their website. I think when I did they offered a coupon % off for my first purchase.

Edited to add that I just looked and the current coupon is only for major appliances like refrigerators and such. Bummer. But if you have any of those Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons or Kohls coupons you can always check their websites to compare prices.

I just saw that you do get a discount if you sign up for a KA account. Not sure how much of a discount but guessing it's probably 10% or more.

Last edited:
Birthday present!
20220903_162535.jpg

I don't know if it still works, but you used to be able to put something in your cart if you've bought from there before at bed, bath and beyond, leave the web site, wait a day or two and they'd email you a reminder with a coupon.

I don't know if it still works, but you used to be able to put something in your cart if you've bought from there before at bed, bath and beyond, leave the web site, wait a day or two and they'd email you a reminder with a coupon.
J get emailed coupons all the time from BBB with nothing in my cart, along with the ones I get in the mail.

J get emailed coupons all the time from BBB with nothing in my cart, along with the ones I get in the mail.
So did I but they eventually stopped when I didn't buy anything for a long time. What I was writing about was over and above the ones that would come regularly.

Back
Top Bottom