Things to do with a food processor?

I don't know if it still works, but you used to be able to put something in your cart if you've bought from there before at bed, bath and beyond, leave the web site, wait a day or two and they'd email you a reminder with a coupon.

I actually bought my KA stand mixer at BB&B. It was the display unit, no box, $75.00. I bought my accessories there, too, but just got the 20-percent off each one with the coupons they send me constantly.

I've read that BB&B is cutting back on the coupons, but I still get plenty of them.

CD

I actually bought my KA stand mixer at BB&B. It was the display unit, no box, $75.00. I bought my accessories there, too, but just got the 20-percent off each one with the coupons they send me constantly.

I've read that BB&B is cutting back on the coupons, but I still get plenty of them.

CD
Yeah, ya know, I'm not getting nearly the mail from BB&B that I've gotten in the past.

My favorite uses for mine are coleslaw ( I like a nice fine shred), and some nut balls I make with almond butter. Things that are super sticky that would be hard to mix are a cinch in them. Very useful appliance. It's also great for cutting butter into biscuit dough and then mixing a nice wet, sticky dough since that is one of the techniques for fluffy biscuits.
Forgot about those!
And just the other day, I used the shredder disc for Zucchini - made Zucchini Bread, easy peasy!

Yeah, ya know, I'm not getting nearly the mail from BB&B that I've gotten in the past.
I am not sure how much longer BBB will be around, actually. They have a lot of issues going on with that company that existed well before the pandemic. I have stock in BBB that I realy should have sold several weeks ago before Ryan Cohen dumped his 10% stake in the company. I had sold off a lot of it prior to that so I didn't take a loss, but I could have realized profits on my remaining shares if I would have realized how much of a drop there would be.

CD

I bought THIS one there. The 5-qt Cuisinart Precision Master. I didn't want KA, which was all they had. Was going to get the Bosch Universal, but they stopped selling it!! 😡

I am not sure how much longer BBB will be around, actually. They have a lot of issues going on with that company that existed well before the pandemic. I have stock in BBB that I realy should have sold several weeks ago before Ryan Cohen dumped his 10% stake in the company. I had sold off a lot of it prior to that so I didn't take a loss, but I could have realized profits on my remaining shares if I would have realized how much of a drop there would be.
Did ya see that Gustavo Arnal jumped off a 55 story building? MAN!

Word is out that about another 125 or so stores will close & staff jobs will be cut!!!!
Sad, so sad!! :cry:

Last edited:
Word is out that about another 125 or so stores will close & staff jobs with be cut!!!!
Sad, so sad!! :cry:
Yeah, they announced a restructuring plan just last week. It didn't help they stock price though. I feel bad for people losing their jobs.

Yeah, they announced a restructuring plan just last week. It didn't help they stock price though. I feel bad for people losing their jobs.

That's the thing! First it was from the covid pandemic, now it's the economy. When will this crap end?!!!! :cry:

That's the thing! First it was from the covid pandemic, now it's the economy. When will this crap end?!!!! :cry:
Believe it or not, the economy is going to get better. The Federal Reserve's recent rate hike should stabilize inflation in our country. It's all the rest of the stuff that's not getting better: global warming and it's effect on the planet, Putin's genocidal war on Ukraine, the resulting energy crisis in Europe, starvation in 3rd world countries (some of which is worse than ever due to Putin's war and Ukraine not being able to ship grain), the list goes on. But wrong thread for all of this doom and gloom, sorry.

I didn't use my food processor yesterday. I was going to make more pesto this week but something killed all my basil. I still have lots of parsley, maybe I'll make more chimichurri soon.

BB&B is collapsing due to a class-action lawsuit related to criminal behavior -- stocks fraud. It wasn't the economy, which is actually pretty good, even with inflation.

CD

BB&B is collapsing due to a class-action lawsuit related to criminal behavior -- stocks fraud. It wasn't the economy, which is actually pretty good, even with inflation.

CD
The CFO's decision to jump off the building was because he was being accused of insider trading and I am sure that Ryan Cohen and he were in cahoots.

Yeah we have it a lot better here than most countries, even with inflation.

CD

Well, hopefully, they can get back on their feet & be profitable again. I really like the chain & have bought lots of things from them!! :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom