What did you cook, eat or drink today (December 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s incredibly cool! I won this book in a cooking challenge, and @morning glory shipped it to me. It’s really an excellent source material and guide book at the same time.

Its fantastic that you put it to use. Makes me happy. Yeah - even Morning Glory gets soppy.

Looks great - bet it took more than 15 minutes. Is it pork meatballs?

Beef and pork.

Yes, more than 15 mins but it was a quick recipe, 30 minutes perhaps a touch more.
Enjoyed this very much, the celeriac and spinach rice was very good and I'll be using variations of this in future.

Indian spiced mackerel pâté with beetroot achaar for the Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Mackerel

fullsizeoutput_3e84.jpeg

Thank you! Yes - I made it today. Photographed in my bay window. Natural light: Samsung Galaxy S7 phone camera.

Achaar is just an Indian word for pickle. :happy:

Samsung s8 here, great phone, your pic is good. So the mackerel takes the place of the livers??? I love Beetroot so I will look into this. I love Beetroot and onion sammys.

Russ

So the mackerel takes the place of the livers???

I suppose you could see it that way - but mackerel is an oily fish so mixing it with lots of butter (as in chicken liver pate) would not be nice. I used Greek yoghurt instead. Most smoked mackerel pate recipes use creme fraiche. Its a very easy recipe if you can buy smoked mackerel. Its available in literally every supermarket in the UK and very cheap.

I suppose you could see it that way - but mackerel is an oily fish so mixing it with lots of butter (as in chicken liver pate) would not be nice. I used Greek yoghurt instead. Most smoked mackerel pate recipes use creme fraiche. Its a very easy recipe if you can buy smoked mackerel. Its available in literally every supermarket in the UK and very cheap.

Ok, I'm not big on fish, but I would make this for my friends that love fish. I like working with yoghurt.
I love blue cod btw. And shellfish.

Russ

Ranked in top 3 of best phone cameras. Make sure its set to HD and use the auto setting. Shoot in daylight (out of bright sun) and you will get great results.

Lol, my phone , I click on photo, and click. I don't know about settings,lol. Or resolutions? I'm just basic, but I like nice photos. I should learn more??

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom