What did you cook, eat or drink today (December 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, my phone , I click on photo, and click. I don't know about settings,lol. Or resolutions? I'm just basic, but I like nice photos. I should learn more??

Russ

Not necessarily - the phone camera will do it all for you - switching the settings takes seconds. I will PM you as we are off topic.

Warm Salad of Smoked Mackerel, Sprouted Matki and Pickled Apple (recipe to follow):

fullsizeoutput_3eaf.jpeg

Another attempt at halogen Yorkshire puddings (with sausage). I can't even say they're getting better!

Yorkshire puddings 2 s.jpg

Another attempt at halogen Yorkshire puddings (with sausage). I can't even say they're getting better!

View attachment 21201

Oh dear - I am going to try them in the halogen oven too. I've tried roast potatoes and chips so far - need to post about that in your halogen oven thread. I thought of using dariole moulds for Yorkshires in the halogen.

I cooked those on 200 degC for about 12 minutes. I set the timer on 15 but they looked like they were about to burn so I shut it down. I cooked another 8 which I've frozen (to live another day). I think maybe 200 degC is a little high for YPs in the halogen.

I've tried roast potatoes and chips so far - need to post about that in your halogen oven thread.

I look forward to hearing of/seeing your findings/results.

My chips were far from acceptable visually although there was nothing wrong with the consistency or taste. I've not yet had a failure with roast potatoes whatever style (normal, Bovril, OXO, masala, paprika, etc.).

Oh dear - I am going to try them in the halogen oven too. I've tried roast potatoes and chips so far - need to post about that in your halogen oven thread. I thought of using dariole moulds for Yorkshires in the halogen.

Do you not think the dariole moulds may be a little deep? I remember two things about my wife's Yorkshire pudding tins - They were shallow and they'd never been washed since my grandmother bought them in the 1920s (I think). Unfortunately I cannot find similar tins to fit my halogen.

Pizza sarrasin ….another vegan dish from the woman whose name begins with ‘V’ and who lives about 35km south of here.

The pizza base was made using farine de sarrasin (buckwheat flour). The topping includes pumpkin, parsley, rice milk and mustard seeds. If I can get the complete list of ingredients, then I'll edit this post.

Pizza sarassin cropped.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom