What did you cook, eat or drink today (December 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @Karen W … yes, that marzipan was (past tense, unfortunately) breathtakingly good. Slightly coarser and sweeter than other marzipan that I've eaten in the past - and better for it. The round flat pie in the centre of the photo was packed with something resembling mincemeat: a concoction of sultanas, figs, cloves and something else that I just can't identify. It was almost like a sweet chutney but without any trace of vinegar.

The only disappointment was the lack of a medieval eggclair.

:hungry: I have a weakness for chocolate "eggclairs." :wink: I envy you living in France, surrounded by what I imagine has some of the best pastry, etc. Although, we do, or did, have Michel Richard here. Looking at the cakes always made me drool. Would like to fly to Vienna and try the original Sachertorte. I can dream, can't I? :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sachertorte

Last edited:
Last night I roasted a big piece of pork leg, served with roast potato, sweet potato, carrot, braised kale (Cavolo Nero) and made a fab gravy with the onion & winter savoury trivet adding in some of my apple chilli jelly and a splash of wine.

Some of the pork will go into rolls for lunch today “banh mi thit” style, some is reserved for the Xmas buffet and I’ve stashed a container of slices in gravy in the freezer for an easy meal at some point when I can’t be bothered to cook.

Grazia! My favorite also..I envy you, or anybody else within a days drive from the coast..I am land locked here in Eastern Ontario, so most seafood I eat is frozen..woe is me...

@Rocklobster Frozen fish is not so bad after all! Is understimated..of course fresh fish is another thing, but it depends also how one is able to cook... And I don't think you have problems about that

Fusion egg rolls kopykatted from a DDD episode. Monte Cristo with Kalua pork egg rolls with wasabi, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, teriyaki, honey, mayo dipping sauce. Side is an Asian spinach salad with orange supremes and avocado slices.

2018-12-22 17.43.51.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Don't normally do brekky, reflux. But today special day so fried bread, mushrooms, sausages,bacon and egg. Just the one egg but they are free range and normally double yolker. Worcester and BBQ sauce after the pic. It was good.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom