What did you cook, eat or drink today (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These two pieces of pork loin are to be the centre of my black pork Wellingtons tomorrow. Hopefully not another cock-up on the horizon.

1 s.jpg

Wow. Busy! Is your kimchi method on the forum somewhere? It looks very different to the ones I have seen here. I’d love to give it a go.
Thank you! Here's my recipe:

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/kimchi-with-red-cabbage-and-brussels-sprouts.10461/

One important thing I've changed is the last step, where I say to keep it out overnight, and to finish within a week. Now, I keep it out for at least a week before it goes into the refrigerator. I want to see bubbling (fermentation) before I put it away. And, I most certainly don't finish it within a week: each jar will last at least a month, and will still preserve for longer than that.

Mind you, this is what it looks like now, right after bottling. the colors will start to bleed together somewhat over time.

Last weekend we watched a rerun of The Help. We were both craving fried chicken . I do not remember the last time I made fried chicken. It is too easy to pick up Popeyes or Cane's tenders. Yesterday we cooked fried chicken .
It was Divine!
The chicken was seasoned with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, granulated garlic, onion powder and cayenne. Refrigerated in butter milk. The flour dredge was seasoned with the same ingredients. I do not remember ever using Crisco shortening. I did last night. OMG! The chicken was amazing! Served with braised turnip greens and a salad.

Saturday am here, but last night was pub night so I picked a burger and fries on the way home. Love Friday night burger. My fave is bacon egg and cheese.

Russ

I managed to grab a photo of our evening meal last night though I only remembered after I had eaten the additional protein. This has had liquid added to it to enable it to reheat more successfully. The original version (when it had only just been cooked rather than cooked, allowed to go cold, refrigerated, liquid added and reheated) obviously looked a tad better!

We added haberano chillies for more heat but I think it could easily had taken another couple. I sliced them thinly and added them during cooking. I was meant to slice them down one side and put them in whole, removing them before serving! We ate them instead.

DSC_3813.JPG

Last weekend we watched a rerun of The Help. We were both craving fried chicken . I do not remember the last time I made fried chicken. It is too easy to pick up Popeyes or Cane's tenders. Yesterday we cooked fried chicken .
It was Divine!
The chicken was seasoned with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, granulated garlic, onion powder and cayenne. Refrigerated in butter milk. The flour dredge was seasoned with the same ingredients. I do not remember ever using Crisco shortening. I did last night. OMG! The chicken was amazing! Served with braised turnip greens and a salad.
It's good to hear from you again...it's been a little while! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom