What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's dinner is a puff pastry shell with mixed wild mushroom sauce, and a traditional steakhouse iceberg wedge salad with homemade blue cheese dressing.

2018-04-09 19.00.10.jpg

I'm not sure which is better but rolled out and par-baked would be very convenient for cooking.
I've frozen raw [ordinary] pizza dough in the past but that can be iffy how it thaws out, and some doesn't seem to know when to stop rising, even when it is in the freezer. Perhaps I should roll out and par-bake an ordinary one first and see how that turns out. I'm a bit reluctant just to try it with a sourdough base because of the length of time involved in the preparation. Of course I could just have pizza two days running..... :D

Amongst other things:

Milk Bread. It is a bit lop sided due to my oven.

View attachment 15318

I also made a Cajun style bean vegan bean stew, some plum chutney and some home-made cheese. Not all to be eaten together!
I can even make bread in a tin go lop-sided :laugh: Although my last two sourdough loaves puddled (looked like Frisbees!), I'm a bit more confident now after watching an episode of Paul Hollywood's City Bakes where the sourdough loaves were made like that on purpose.

Sunday night's dinner was two large roast duck legs, with roast potatoes, boiled potatoes, carrots, Russian kale, stuffing, bread sauce and yorkie puds with plenty of lovely thick gravy. There was so much, a lot of it got lost under the veggies. And yes, I did manage to eat all of it :laugh:.

Roast duck.jpg

Monday night's dinner was a kedgeree with eggs and the rest of the Russian kale, and flatbreads. The photo only shows half of it!

Kedgeree with Russian kale.jpg

What is Russian kale?

Both those meals look fantastic! Vegetarian kedgeree?
It's the Riverford spinach kedgeree recipe again, but with Russian kale instead of spinach and butter beans instead of any type of green beans.

Russian kale looks like this

kale_red_russian.jpg

It's the end of the season for the organic stuff, but you can probably get it in some supermarkets or greengrocers.

Lunch today was a sourdough extra mature cheddar cheese and tomato sandwich, followed by a quarter of a large pot of blackcurrant and coconut yoghurt (from Brown Cow Organics). Heaven! For some strange reason, I had to share it with somemutt else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom