What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lunch

20180408_121126.jpg

Burgers seem to be a theme, I cook dinner for my kids and their 4 kids every Sunday night for dinner. Last night, guess what? I decided to make burgers. These were kick ass burgers.smaller buns for the wee ones. Eldest granddaughter , nearly 9 likes to do the waitress thing. I give her a list of ingredients and she goes around and gets me the orders. Their choices were, apart from the pattie and bun, cheese, pineapple,mushrooms,tomato,egg,bacon, onions, I also made from scratch twice fried chips, kids always have seconds as they are so yummy. No pics, kids give me a hard time about taking pics of food,lol. It was a great meal, everyone was full to bursting.

Russ

Monday night's dinner was a quiche Lorraine with bacon, ham, onions sauteed in the bacon fat with swiss cheese, then parm grated on to with garlic parslied new potatoes.

2018-04-09 12.22.42.jpg

Amongst other things:

Milk Bread. It is a bit lop sided due to my oven.

fullsizeoutput_3055.jpeg

I also made a Cajun style bean vegan bean stew, some plum chutney and some home-made cheese. Not all to be eaten together!

Inspired by a meal I saw here recently I made a base sauce that was basically a cooked pico de gallo with some of the brine from a jar of pickled jalapeños then I braised a kilo of chicken thighs in it & 2 cans of cannellini beans.

Everyone enjoyed it except The Bean Hater.

Inspired by a meal I saw here recently I made a base sauce that was basically a cooked pico de gallo with some of the brine from a jar of pickled jalapeños then I braised a kilo of chicken thighs in it & 2 cans of cannellini beans.

Everyone enjoyed it except The Bean Hater.

Sounds good. The brine from pickle jars is a neglected gold mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom